PolyCast Episode 256: "All Aboard the Hype Train"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Cho-cho. The two-hundred-and-fifty-sixth episode of PolyCast, "All Aboard the Hype Train", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Stephanie "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with returning guest co-host Scott "AlphaShard" Dirk. It carries a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 04m16s | Open Mic
Talking about the talking about of Episode 255 from community forums and on social media.
- 11m04s | News
Grazing at the buffet that is additional Civilization VI information: Resources, Agendas (00m51s), Diplomacy (16m48s), Natural Wonders (18m00s), Justified War (20m07s), War Weariness (26m52s), Great People (31m08s), Builders (35m06s), Governments (37m49s), Unit Movement (43m45s), City States (45m19s).

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Moving mobile meaning, iteration number implications, likeness and wrong sounding.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Nice episode as always, but... Episode 256? Jeez, I can't believe you forgot to celebrate filling the byte.

Congratulations! [party] :run::rockon::band::run:

Now go, spread your wings and fulfill your destiny by filling the megabyte!
Spoiler :
(Which is only 1.048.576 Episodes)

had not heard of farm next to farm bonus

had not heard of farm next to farm bonus
Glad were able to inform, as well as entertain. (Course, I'm assuming the latter here...)

Nice episode as always
:king:

but... Episode 256? Jeez, I can't believe you forgot to celebrate filling the byte.
Well now, see, the Hype Train doesn't stop at that terminal. ;)

Congratulations! [party] :run::rockon::band::run:
Thank you, thank you... this calls for a dance:

:banana:

Now go, spread your wings and fulfill your destiny by filling the megabyte!
Spoiler :
(Which is only 1.048.576 Episodes)
:scared:

:lol:

Great episode as always :) as I have before, I'll plead that you upload the whole unedited podcast somewhere (maybe in this thread?) as I'm sure there's a lot of extra conversation that'd be great to hear and fill my downtime :)
I can't catch the live recordings in the summer and it's always great to hear the whole 2-2.5 hour episodes unfiltered.

Great episode as always :)
Thank you muchly. :cool:

as I have before, I'll plead that you upload the whole unedited podcast somewhere (maybe in this thread?) as I'm sure there's a lot of extra conversation that'd be great to hear and fill my downtime :)
I can't catch the live recordings in the summer and it's always great to hear the whole 2-2.5 hour episodes unfiltered.
I would never rule out the possibility of fulfilling such a request, though a greater likelihood would be an edited v. unedited comparison of a topic/segment in the same production. As for further filling your downtime, in addition to the PolyCast archive I refer you to similarly active siblings ModCast and TurnCast. :)

Sorry if this has been answered before somewhere, but is there any way I can download this episode, so I can hear it on my loooong way to work through mountains and tunnels with impossibly low or inexistent 4G signal?

Sorry if this has been answered before somewhere, but is there any way I can download this episode, so I can hear it on my loooong way to work through mountains and tunnels with impossibly low or inexistent 4G signal?
No apologies necessary. To answer your question, yes: you can download the MP3 file of the episode to your phone's hard drive. To do so, click on the episode name from the show's website. There is also a "Mobile Quality" version that is a smaller filesize.

Enjoy the listen. :)

No apologies necessary. To answer your question, yes: you can download the MP3 file of the episode to your phone's hard drive. To do so, click on the episode name from the show's website. There is also a "Mobile Quality" version that is a smaller filesize.

Enjoy the listen. :)

That download button is actually how I always listen to this; I had a lot of issues with Windows 7 and the default streaming audio dropping the connection a year ago that went away when I started downloading it first.

Clicking in the episode name just starts the streaming, both on my Pc and Phone. No option to download appears.

Just in case someone is having the same problem/is as technologically challenged as me, I used the following service: http://anything2mp3.com/ and pasted the URL of the video there to download the file.

The first Civ-game had 256 colours graphics! Thanx for the 256th polycast.

Clicking in the episode name just starts the streaming, both on my Pc and Phone. No option to download appears.
On your PC, right-click in your World Wide Web browser to save to your hard drive. Depending upon your phone and application, you may have to configure it to save to the device rather than start streaming.

Just in case someone is having the same problem/is as technologically challenged as me, I used the following service: http://anything2mp3.com/ and pasted the URL of the video there to download the file.
I haven't heard of that service before, but that sounds ( :mischief: ) like another means as well... though I expect you mean audio in this case.

The first Civ-game had 256 colours graphics! Thanx for the 256th polycast.
:cooool:

While this thread is on the topic of technical issues, I've noticed that whenever I play the pre-recorded podcasts back in Chrome, I can't skip to specific points in the audio. Attempting to do so always causes the audio to restart from the beginning. I've had similar issues with other embedded media players in Chrome, and the problem persists across multiple computers, so I'm assuming it's a browser or plug-in issue.

Anyone have this issue with Chrome? Any idea how to fix it?

In the meantime, I'll continue to do all my Polycast listening in Firefox.

Right-click the episode name, select "save link as...", hit "save" and voila! - download will commence! :)

Polycast is also available on itunes or via the rss if you have a podcast app for your phone/ipod/whathaveyou.

Top Bottom