Unstacking Cities Featurette

mostly old footage in this one, didn't catch anything new

bar getting a look at the Aqueduct district

Shot of anew wonder I the lower right in the final part of the video. Red fort looking thing. Dunno if it's THE red fort though

Shot of anew wonder I the lower right in the final part of the video. Red fort looking thing. Dunno if it's THE red fort though

or the Alhambra, I take it back there was something new in the vid

or the Alhambra, I take it back there was something new in the vid

The Alhambra, 100%. Trust the Spanish guy on this one. ;)

Not much new information for us, but a good summary for those who are only following loosely.

I'll also say Alhambra on the wonder in the corner. Good catch though. Also, the aqueduct is in a growth district, that name was new for me.

On a side-note, am I the only one who thinks the pastel colours on the district roofs are totally overdone? I understand the incentive to be able to recognize the districts on the map, but the pink on the culture district and now the teal on the growth district are downright ugly an immersion-killing for me. If it can't be done in game, I really hope someone will make a mod to take the colours away or turn them drastically down.

I am definitely not worried anymore about "district spam". Cities still feel pretty distinct on the map, with lots of farms between cities. And the modern look with skyscrapers makes the city center look very cool. And it is clear that the city center is a large metropolis even with districts around it. In fact, the districts around it add to the feeling of a major metropolis.

In fact, the districts around it add to the feeling of a major metropolis.
I almost wish districts got unique names (for the mouse over), the way they look and are implemented almost feels like they're satellite towns.

On a side-note, am I the only one who thinks the pastel colours on the district roofs are totally overdone?
I don't mind the teal (though I wish it'd be more green - green = growth, then it'd look like copper verdigris, too), but the pink is just horrible because it reminds me of the "missing texture pink". A nice rich purple would stand out just as much but look a lot more fitting.

I almost wish districts got unique names (for the mouse over), the way they look and are implemented almost feels like they're satellite towns.

That was sort of the idea... Ed said it is like a city in civ is a region (say NE US... Washington=City center, Boston=Campus, NY=Commercial Hub+Theater District+Harbor adj., etc.)

Top Bottom