HOF Civ4 Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 9 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to shulec for the highest score of the update with a Large, Epic, Emperor, Space Colony game for 215191 points.

Tzar Sasha was the most active player during this update, submitting 2 games.

ajw2255 was the most active player during this update, submitting 2 games.

Only 1 player was brave enough to take on Deity this update:
fizbankovi - 1886 AD, Standard, Normal, Deity, Cultural game for 59512 points

A number of players gained number one positions:
shulec with a 1726 AD, Large, Epic, Emperor, Space Colony game for 215191 points.
Walter_Wolf with a 1265 AD, Huge, Epic, Emperor, Conquest game for 176195 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
n/a​

The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 9 games were accepted since the previous update.

[/indent]

And no new gauntlet will start as we allocated half a year for the current g-major, but we don't let anyone else play who only have time/patiency for a non-marathon game. This is a second time within 2 years we are wasting people's time with a marathon g-major on deity/large or big map, but we like to do it, so we set up crazy intervals like we did last time as well:

G-Major 134

25th November 2014 to 25th January 2015

The last non-marathon deity g-major on huge/large map was 3 years ago now. Let's say that it will take 3 more years to get this gift again from HoF staff. I am 36 years now, then I will be 39. Let's say that I will live for 78 years. Than I will have 13 times to play a g-major, that would be a shame if I couldn't play the last one because of a heart attack.

That will be good to know at all that in which year I actually will have a chance to play a g-major, because other years I wouldn't even visit civfanatics.com.

OK, I know that it might seem to be a bit antisocial what I am writing, I just simply lost my patiency. 3 years is long time.

You raised this point when we created the Gauntlet and I can assure you that you will not have to wait 3 years for a non-marathon deity g-major on huge/large map. I'm not convinced that a quicker speed on huge / large will be popular but I will find a slot for it. Thanks for your interest in the HOF.

You raised this point when we created the Gauntlet and I can assure you that you will not have to wait 3 years for a non-marathon deity g-major on huge/large map. I'm not convinced that a quicker speed on huge / large will be popular but I will find a slot for it. Thanks for your interest in the HOF.

I mentioned it half a year ago and I didn't know at that time that this gauntlet will take that long. And that's just add something to my disagreement to the current gauntlet. Why that long? We did have marathon gauntlets on huge map, and those gauntlets required maximum 3 months (as far as I know), which is still a 3 times longer period than normal gauntlets. I understand that some players, especially Seraiel willing to make lot of efforts to one single game, I mean hundreds and hundreds of hours, but I don't have that much time to spend on CIV4, and I doubt I am the onlyone.

Anyway, I really liked the idea of the original g-major 144, I started to play straight away. Rainforest map, Darius, SS game, no marathon speed, that really sounded awesome. And that was the only gauntlet I know about which was cancelled...

Top Bottom