Christopher Tin doing the Civ 6 Theme Music

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator
Great news. The themes in Civ V and its expansions never grabbed me the way Baba Yetu did. Also, Christopher Tin has some amazing other work. :goodjob:

Baba Yetu was the best single piece of music in the entire series, in my humble opinion. I wouldn't have been disappointed in the least had they kept it for the opening screen in Civ V.

Be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Amazing news! Thanks for posting.
Baba Yetu is so far the only video game music to win a Grammy ;)

My body is ready.

Baba Yetu was the best single piece of music in the entire series, in my humble opinion.
And gaming in general.
I believe it was the first game music to receive an Emmy (or something like that)

Edit:
A Grammy:
On December 5, 2010, it was reported that "Baba Yetu" was nominated for the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards in the 'Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s)' category, making it the first video game theme nominated for a Grammy Award.[6] On February 13, 2011, it was announced as the winner of its category, making it the first piece of music composed for a video game to win a Grammy Award

Wow! Great news!

Really, really happy to hear this.

MOAR cIV! :D

Very cool, Baba Yetu was one of the first songs I downloaded when I got my first iPod so many years ago :D

Can't wait to hear what he comes up with

I've looked through the thread and don't see any person who heard another song of Christopher Tin :lol:

Just listened some of his music for Offworld Trading Company. Good, but nothing even distantly as cool as Baba Yetu, quite regular game music. Making 1 masterpiece doesn't mean there will be more.

Be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Some major hint in the article: Title and Theme

His next theme, entitled 'Sogno di Volare' (The Dream of Flight), will debut at a performance next week at the Cadogan Hall in London, prior to the release of Civ 6 in October.

"I wanted to write a piece that captured the essence of exploration", said Tin, "both the physical exploration of seeking new lands, but also the mental exploration of expanding the frontiers of science and philosophy."

Sitll, can't wait to hear it proper

Now THAT is truly a big, sloppy kiss to the civ4 community! :D

I've looked through the thread and don't see any person who heard another song of Christopher Tin :lol:
Both my wife and I loved Baba Yetu. So I bought her his album "The Drop that Contained the Sea". She loves it as well, listens to it all the time.

Both my wife and I loved Baba Yetu. So I bought her his album "The Drop that Contained the Sea". She loves it as well, listens to it all the time.

Oh, cool, you're the first one who mentioned it in this thread. Now that makes me optimistic.

There is another album... "Calling all dawns". Which one is better?

Fabulous news! Baba Yetu was, of course, a masterpiece, and Tin's two orchestral albums since then have been splendid.

I'm sad that I can't make the premiere, despite it being in the UK! Given the title of the new piece, I expect it will also be part of his future bird-themed song cycle, just as Baba Yetu ended up being part of Calling All Dawns.

Top Bottom