Who Should Be Leader of India?

Who Would You Like to Be Leader of India?

• Mahatma Gandhi

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Ashoka

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • Akbar

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Chandragupta Maurya

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Rajendra Chola I

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Chandragupta II (Vikramaditya)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Krishnadevaraya

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Jawaharlal Nehru

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Indira Gandhi

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Rudrama Devi

• Nur Jahan

• Mumtaz Mahal

• Shah Jahan

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Pururavas

• Porus

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Shivaji

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WillowBrook

Lurker
In light of the discussion in this thread, let's see who people want to see as leader of India. You may check everyone you think would be a good choice.

I intended to include everyone mentioned as a possible leader of India in that thread to date.

Note that this poll assumes the inclusion of India as a civilization, but takes no position on the possibility of geographically overlapping civs such as the Mughal Empire.

If you check "Other", please identify them in the comments.

Ashoka SHOULD be the leader of India, IMO. However, there is no doubt in my mind that Gandhi in fact will be.

My hatred for gandhi is so crazy I'd prefer current Indian president's janitor to be the leader instead.

No but seriously, I voted for Ashoka and Chandragupta as they were imo the greatest and most representative emperors of Indian civilisation. The problem with Mughal emperors is, even oolest and most tolerant of them were still kinda putsider invaders and I'd prefer to see 'native' leaders believing 'native' Dharmic religions to represent India. Not that I have anything against Muslims, there are simply tons of possible civs with Muslim rulers while only rulers of Indian subcontinent civs were be Hinduist - I like diversity among civ leaders.

Anyway, Indian subcontinent has history as huge as Europe (and you could easily make over 30 very diverse ingame civs just of historical Indian states) and it has tons and tons brilliant leaders, male and female, to choose from, and they all share one trait:

Each one of them would be better than gandhi.

I've been playing Civilization since 3 came out and never once have I seen Gandhi use a Nuke. I can't even recall him even threatening me. I wasn't around during the old glitched civ 2 days, and I doubt the majority of players even know how it all started (I had to google it).

I think the joke has run its course. Now would be a good time to make a change to Ashoka.

Also, Ghandi in V had so little personality in game he wasn't memorable. Civ 6 seems to be doing a good job differentiating civs early, so I have hope Gandhi will be more interesting this time *because he will be the leader. (They made Cleopatra's unique flavor interesting even though I DESPISE the choice of her over any other major Egyptian leader, and hate her childish animations and leaderscreen...I have hope for Gandhi because of that alone)

Asoka would be the best choice, followed by (in no particular order): Chandragupta Maurya, Chandragupta II, Shah Jahan, Akbar, Rajendra Chola, Dharmapala.

Nur Jahan would be the best choice for a female leader.

Mumtaz Mahal would be fun, I'd like to see her in the Taj Mahal as an easter egg.

Ashoka, King of Kings. The greatest emperor in Indian and in my opinion world history.

I admit that Indian history isn't my strong point, but I'd like to see Ashoka or Shah Jahan.

Asoka would be the best choice, followed by (in no particular order): Chandragupta Maurya, Chandragupta II, Shah Jahan, Akbar, Rajendra Chola, Dharmapala.

Nur Jahan would be the best choice for a female leader.

Mumtaz Mahal would be fun, I'd like to see her in the Taj Mahal as an easter egg.

If she's in the Taj Mahal, then she's a zombie. :p

If she's in the Taj Mahal, then she's a zombie.
Well that's another explanation...:lol:

Or just put her in the Mughal Imperial Palace.

No but seriously, I voted for Ashoka and Chandragupta as they were imo the greatest and most representative emperors of Indian civilisation. The problem with Mughal emperors is, even oolest and most tolerant of them were still kinda putsider invaders

Representing Indian history with 1 civ is a broken concept, Mughal emperors should be leading the Mughal empire, not India. "Mughal fort" should be a Mughal UB, not an Indian one. You could use Rajput instead if you really don't want Mughals.

Representing Pandya would be pretty cool, but in essence I just voted "not Ghandi". I don't hate him as much as you, but civ's representation of this region is still really underwhelming and poor.

Top Bottom