Aztec - Montezuma I Thread

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator

Link to video.

Starting today, those who pre-order Civilization VI will exclusively gain early access* to the Aztec civ, led by Montezuma I, when the game launches on October 21, 2016. After 90 days, this content will unlock for all Civilization VI players at no additional charge.

Montezuma I, born in 1398, was the fifth king of the city of Tenochtitlan and second emperor of the Aztecs. His 29-year reign was categorized by a major consolidation and expansion of the Aztec Empire, also known as the Triple Alliance, as well as enacting a new series of sumptuary laws – which aim to curb rampant consumption of goods and decadent lifestyles – that reinforced an already existing class system permeating every facet of Aztec life.

Montezuma I’s reign ended when he passed away from unknown causes in 1469 AD. He was succeeded by his 19-year-old son Axayacatl, who later sired Montezuma II – the Aztec leader who managed to lose it all to Hernan Cortes and his group of conquistadors.

Spoiler :

Unique Unit: Eagle Warrior

Within the Aztec army existed two classes of elite infantry: the Jaguar Warriors and the Eagle Warriors. Eagle Warriors were comprised of the bravest young men of noble birth who had managed to take the most prisoners in battle. Only after taking 20 prisoners intact enough to serve as human sacrifice could a young man be considered for Eagle Warrior status.

Spoiler :

Unique Building: Tlachtli

When Aztecs weren’t waging war, capturing prisoners and sacrificing them to the gods, they often enjoyed a bit of sport. The Tlachtli, a ball court shaped like a capital I, was home to many games, including one particular game similar to basketball in which the goal is to place a ball through the opposition’s stone hoop; however, in the Aztec version, you can’t use your hands.

Spoiler :

Wonder: Huey Teocalli

Otherwise known as the Greater Temple of the Aztecs, the Huey Teocalli is a giant terraced pyramid leading up to a temple where some of the most important Aztec rituals were performed. Unfortunately, there is very little left of the Huey Teocalli today, save for some scattered ruins in the Zocalo main square of Mexico City’s downtown district.

About 4 people posted it at the same time :lol:

They look pretty cool, I must say. I love the synergy of the UU that converts defeated enemies into Builders, and the UA that allows Builders to contribute production to districts.

Dat moment when moctezuma started scratching made me think of a grandad or something.Really like his new look

The builder bonuses (including China) will depend on whether stealing is still an optimal strategy (and I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise, despite Ed Beach' comments) and whether the bonuses improve captured workers.

So we have our first mini-DLC? (not sure if they should be counted, also surprised that they are NOT a vanilla civ).

Begs me question, to those who pre-order early, get access to Aztecs as well?

Rowlett's final evolution confirmed!

Jokes aside, holy moly that UU+UA combo. We don't talk much about how the need to produce builders constantly throughout the game may slow down your pace in comparison with Civ5. The Eagles pretty much nullify this nuance. Sweet, sweet Barbarias...

I've actually played Tlatchi (the basketball like game) when I worked at a primary school! It's incredibly difficult :p

As for the civ, Monty looks great and I think the civ overall has a clear structure to it. He's going to be a pain to go against, which is exactly what he should be!

So we have our first mini-DLC? (not sure if they should be counted, also surprised that they are NOT a vanilla civ).

Begs me question, to those who pre-order early, get access to Aztecs as well?

It's a pre-order bonus, not a DLC. They said it releases free to all after 90 days.

edit: Too slow.

I wish this videos were longer. They didn't even mention the unique wonder :undecide: (which looks beautiful, btw)

It's a pre-order bonus, not a DLC. They said it releases free to all after 90 days.

edit: Too slow.

Yeah, still, but do I get it? I pre-order before, they said "starting today". It's just a bit confusing.

Also. I don't think it's a Unique Wonder, it's just a regular Wonder that everyone can build and it looks to be a water wonder requiring to be adjacent to land.

The Eagle Warrior replaces the basic Warrior unit, so now we know that at least some of the UUs replace existing units.

Yeah, still, but do I get it? I pre-order before, they said "starting today". It's just a bit confusing.

Also. I don't think it's a Unique Wonder, it's just a regular Wonder that everyone can build and it looks to be a water wonder requiring to be adjacent to land.

I would hope they meant any pre-order.

edit: Looks like anyone who pre-orders at anytime in my re-reading it.

Spoiler :

Starting today, those who pre-order Civilization VI will exclusively gain early access* to the Aztec civ, led by Montezuma I, when the game launches on October 21, 2016. After 90 days, this content will unlock for all Civilization VI players at no additional charge.

Montezuma I, born in 1398, was the fifth king of the city of Tenochtitlan and second emperor of the Aztecs. His 29-year reign was categorized by a major consolidation and expansion of the Aztec Empire, also known as the Triple Alliance, as well as enacting a new series of sumptuary laws – which aim to curb rampant consumption of goods and decadent lifestyles – that reinforced an already existing class system permeating every facet of Aztec life.

Montezuma I’s reign ended when he passed away from unknown causes in 1469 AD. He was succeeded by his 19-year-old son Axayacatl, who later sired Montezuma II – the Aztec leader who managed to lose it all to Hernan Cortes and his group of conquistadors.

Spoiler :

Unique Unit: Eagle Warrior

Within the Aztec army existed two classes of elite infantry: the Jaguar Warriors and the Eagle Warriors. Eagle Warriors were comprised of the bravest young men of noble birth who had managed to take the most prisoners in battle. Only after taking 20 prisoners intact enough to serve as human sacrifice could a young man be considered for Eagle Warrior status.

Spoiler :

Unique Building: Tlachtli

When Aztecs weren’t waging war, capturing prisoners and sacrificing them to the gods, they often enjoyed a bit of sport. The Tlachtli, a ball court shaped like a capital I, was home to many games, including one particular game similar to basketball in which the goal is to place a ball through the opposition’s stone hoop; however, in the Aztec version, you can’t use your hands.

Spoiler :

Wonder: Huey Teocalli

Otherwise known as the Greater Temple of the Aztecs, the Huey Teocalli is a giant terraced pyramid leading up to a temple where some of the most important Aztec rituals were performed. Unfortunately, there is very little left of the Huey Teocalli today, save for some scattered ruins in the Zocalo main square of Mexico City’s downtown district.

Wow you got that post put together quite quickly

Top Bottom