Brazil - Pedro II Thread

With the Olympics, it's only natural they'd show Dom Pedro.

I can't listen to the video at work, but I can watch it. I noticed at the beginning (~:31) that the borders were more rounded, but dashed. Later in the video they were back to being straight solid lines.

So they are great people focused. I gotta freeze the GP screen and see what the bonuses look like.

I can't listen to the video at work, but I can watch it. I noticed at the beginning that the borders were more rounded, but dashed. Later in the video they were back to being straight solid lines.

Yeah, I noticed that too.. fascinating.

Not every Great Engineer can rush wonders anymore. What you get is what they provide.

Great Prophets do not appear to have any specific abilitise other than founding religions. Which is kinda disappointing, they could've had unique Founder beliefs or something along those lines. But hey, we'll see religion fairly soon regardless.

For the record, also new city Overview that gives you the math behind Amenities, low amenities slow down yields and growth in cities.

Brazil's city colors changed throughout the video. Including Yellow on Light Green, as wel as their Civ 5 counterpart (Dark Green on Light Green).

Very unexpected. Anyway:

1. Much more info on Great People. Really interesting.

2. We didn't see Great Artists, just Great Writers. Although it's totally possible Artists could appear in the same slot.

3. We've seen part of how amenities work. Still not enough.

Cool video.

The big stadium at 1:20 looks like the Maracaná Stadium:

Spoiler :

Brazil special wonder maybe?

the great people screen looks interesting. Basically, you can spend gold or faith to "rush buy" a GP if you don't enough GP points.

I'm kind of underwhelmed - I fell into the trap with Ed's tweet and thought we would have a religious Civ. I found Brazil was one of the most boring Civs in Civ V so I'm now prejudiced against them :p The great people bonus could be fun, but ugh, more rainforest everywhere...

Really hungry for more info on religion so at least there's tomorrow to look forward to.

1:10 there are some details about amenities!

My GF uses the computer right now, could some one take a SS of it?

Cool video.

The big stadium at 1:20 looks like the Maracaná Stadium:

Spoiler :

Brazil special wonder maybe?

There's no "special wonderS". Brazil is a regular Civ. So if its' in it's just regular. There are no unique wonders mind you. (The Aztec one is not a unique to Aztec anybody can build it).

That moment when Brazil is in the game before Portugal ... T_T (exactly the same when a menu asks me what language I want and portuguese is displayed with a brazilian flag)

On a more serious note, "Minas Gerais" for a war ship ? Seriously Firaxis ? I mean, I'm not an expert on brazilian military history, but for me, Minas Gerais is a state, not a unit ...

Aww man. They really are going to do it aren't they? Put Brazil in without having The Inca. Not that Brazil isn't cool, they're definitely a worthy addition to the series and 6's iteration does seem fun to play, but there's no way they should be in when The Inca aren't.

Oh well. Maybe we'll get lucky and it turns out either of the mystery leaders from the portrait wall is one of the Sapa Inca.

:sigh:

Top Bottom