August 15 Japan Gameplay Video

Luxerne

Warlord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXtakVshUg8

I don't know if this has been posted yet. There seem to be multiple parts to it.

So far, I saw a new natural wonder, Piopiotahi (9:44)

Anybody else see anything we may not have noticed before?

They might be playing on standard speed rather than quick, at a glance. I'm not 100% on that. I did notice that the barbarian camp didn't give them nearly as much trouble as the other previewers had, suggesting they either got toned down or quick speed had some strange interactions with them. Or they were just lucky.

Confirmed you can get a civic Inspiration from a tribal village.

I just posted it in another thread, I noticed 2 things: 2 beautiful natural wonders (2nd is Yosemite in part2) and one extremely tilting guy (the one on the right).

What I got out of it:

Piopiotahi is three tiles arranged in a triangle next to a coast, and provides +1 culture and gold to all adjacent tiles.

Yosemite is also a natural wonder, two tiles, and provides +1 gold and science to all adjacent tiles.

Alliances require the Civil Service civic.

Diplomatic Visibility can be increased by researching Printing, creating trade routes, sending delegations/embassies, alliances, using spies' Listening Post mission, playing as France, or using William Randolph Hearst's Great Engineer ability.

While Lewis is rather schizo with his "advice" and "coaching", I do at least like he's trying to push a rapid-expansion strategy, with settling multiple cities in quick succession early in the game. I felt like the other streamers who played a preview build didn't attempt this for some reason. I want to see how it plays out.

Does the backseat gamer not see the screen? I mean he asks about yields for the wonder. The guy playing hovers over the tile and it clearly says it gives gold and culture (just like the pop up did). Yet none of them can see it?
Anyway cool new content thanks for posting!

Does the backseat gamer not see the screen? I mean he asks about yields for the wonder. The guy playing hovers over the tile and it clearly says it gives gold and culture (just like the pop up did). Yet none of them can see it?

He was referring to the natural wonder tiles themselves (which did not seem to have a yield and are very much like mountain tiles). The natural wonder provides bonuses to adjacent tiles.

The backseat driver acted like he had read all about Civ VI yet he still wasted a turn moving to the coast and away from the Jade. It did get him a bonus for Sailing research but that was pretty useless to them.

The backseat driver acted like he had read all about Civ VI yet he still wasted a turn moving to the coast and away from the Jade. It did get him a bonus for Sailing research but that was pretty useless to them.

I'd be more concerned with moving away from the mountain. I mean, he was still within 2 of a jade resource, just not both of them. Can't blame him for that movement though, both of them wanted to move the starting settler :p Luckily they are japan so they can stick districts next to the city center for some bonuses.

Note that moving did pick up an extra wheat tile within 3. I hardly think it's a horrible misplay. They're obviously not following the preview builds as closely as a typical Civ Fanatic though.

Curse you people for making me watch these two annoying morons.

Laughed so hard. Yeah, that's a lot of backseat gaming.

Does anyone know what Japan's max bonus is for district adjacency? I think it's only +3 at most per district, what would normally give +0.5 gives +1, but the wording shown says "an additional standard bonus."

Laughed so hard. Yeah, that's a lot of backseat gaming.

Does anyone know what Japan's max bonus is for district adjacency? I think it's only +3 at most per district, what would normally give +0.5 gives +1, but the wording shown says "an additional standard bonus."

Why +3 in particular? Shouldn't it be +6 for a district surrounded by 6 other districts?

At any rate, it seems to be +1 and not +1.5 (if that's what you're asking), at least in the Japan first look video, where a Holy Site district with 3 adjacent mountains and 3 adjacent districts had a +6 total bonus. If a district gave +1.5, one would expect it to come out to +7. And the city center definitely counts as a district, as tiles adjacent to one district + city center gave +2, while tiles adjacent to only the city center gave +1. The numbers for the placement just come out right for it to be +1, as there's another placement adjacent to 4 woods, a mountain, and a district, which comes out to +4.

Spoiler :

Granted, that's an earlier build. It is possible that things have changed since then.

They haven't figured out yet where the map option is to show the tile yields on the main map.

It's a different perspective on the game. You guys are so caught up reading on every little detail, every day, you forget that there are normal people who do other things.

These are 2 gamers, who are fans of Civ5, who know very little about Civ6. This is a fun perspective, because it makes you realise how much truly has changed from Civ5. You can watch all the big Civ youtubers, who know everything there is to know about the game, and you'll learn nothing new. You watch the Yogscast play it and you see it from the perspective of casuals.

Unless they provide more information on the game, hopefully in the form of a tutorial, this will be the experience ANY new gamer who hasn't read about Civ6 will have.

Top Bottom