Germany Video

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator

Cool! Third civ with naval UU and second with only naval UUs. Looks like developers think more about seas now.

Barbarossa gives an extra military slot for the government, and a combat bonus against city states.

Germany gets an extra district than what would normally be allowed with the current level of population.

Germany gets a unique industrial district, the Hansa. It gives bonus production if placed next to a commercial hub, additional adjacent districts, or resources.

Germany gets the U-Boot as unique unit, which is cheap to produce and gets a bonus while in deep ocean.

Looks pretty good to me.

Okay my thoughts:
+Frederick looks amazing :cool: :king:
+The bonus against City-States and extra policy might be neat
+Free Imperial Cities sounds really good
+Hanse also sounds quite nice
-U-Boot is the only bit I'm slightly worried about. If your enemy doesn't have much of a navy this UU isn't going to be very good.

Overall it seems quite nice and I'm looking forward to the red bearded emperor.

Very nice, I did hope for an earlier UU (e.g. teutonic knight) but all in all Germany looks awesome.

Looks good! I'm glad they have industrial and militaristic strenghts, U-boot is cool.

Bar the city state bonus, I think this would fit my play style quite nicely

I am happy...Production focus is great, U-Boote I like as well and the Hanse and City state idea is good as well.

:goodjob:

Don't really like the extra military strength against City States. I never once attacked a city state in Civ V. Well only a couple of times when they stopped me founding a city with really good tiles when I was close to found a city.

Its kida funny he gets that bonus since he was also defeated by the same bunch of city states...

Don't really like the extra military strength against City States. I never once attacked a city state in Civ V. Well only a couple of times when they stopped me founding a city with really good tiles when I was close to found a city.

It's not Civ5. Attacking a city-state in early game is going to be viable strategy in Civ6.

Also, you don't have to use all Civ bonuses in a single game.

Imperial City and Hansa sound very good, maybe even op ...

Attack bonus on city states is a reference to history ... In Civ5 it was not a good idea to attack city states ... conquering 2-3 of them could result in a permanent war with all city states world wide. Also you lost the city state's bonus when conquering it. So we will have to see how city states play in Civ6 and if it is a good strategy to conquer them.

Germany is located in central europe and therefore was a traditional landpower which I think would profit more from a strong land unit like pike-men, knight or WW2/modern tank. The U-boats might be a substitute for a cheap defensive fleet if the player does not want to build a fleet, but they can hardly support an invasion from sea, so in that case the player would need to build a strong fleet with DD, CC, BB, CV anyway.

Barbarossa and Teddy on the same continent is sure going to cause quite a mess.

Barbarossa: I'm taking that city-state!
Teddy: No you're not!
Barbarossa: Yes I am!
*declares war on city-state
Teddy: No you just didn't!
*declares war on Barbarossa
*war weakens both of them
Cleopatra: Ohohoho I will crush you since your army is so puny!
*declares war on Teddy and Barbarossa
Tomyris: You dishonorable monster!
*declares war on Cleopatra

And so we have a world war going.

Another thing with city-states is - it's possible we'll see vassal city-states more often, so we'll see more of them joining big civ wars. In this case you don't need to conquer city-state itself, bonus against its units will be good as it is.

That's why I like it. It might actually get me trying to play different game styles rather than doing the same thing, over and over again.

Barbarossa and Teddy on the same continent is sure going to cause quite a mess.

Barbarossa: I'm taking that city-state!
Teddy: No you're not!
Barbarossa: Yes I am!
*declares war on city-state
Teddy: No you just didn't!
*declares war on Barbarossa
*war weakens both of them
Cleopatra: Ohohoho I will crush you since your army is so puny!
*declares war on Teddy and Barbarossa
Tomyris: You dishonorable monster!
*declares war on Cleopatra

And so we have a world war going.

Brilliant! :lol::lol::lol:

So Germany is the new Mongolia. :lol: I think Barbarossa's agenda will have something to do with conquering city states.

Seriously though, I really like this civ's design, even though it feels a bit overpowered since most of its bonuses are so universally useful.

I never played Germany in Civ5. This sure is going to change in Civ6.

I wonder if the combat bonus can be applied to the city-state units which are levied by its suzerain?

Whether it's valuable to attack city-states, imo, is not depend only on the warmongering penalty, but also how easily you can earn the bonus of city-states.
In civ V, by completing city-states requests, I can get bonus from a majority of city-states. In civ VI, if envoys are hard to earn, attacking some city-states with abundant resources or good location is valuable, since you can not earn its bonus given the limited number of envoys.

Top Bottom