First Look: India (Gandhi)

which of the 3 threads will be the "official" one and which 2 will get merged? :hmm:

Acutally quite intresting traits!

UA: Gain follower beliefs from all religons present in your cities

LUA: Faith from from civs you meet that you are not at war with that have founded a religon, increas war weariness for opponents .

UU: Elephant that decreses combat strenght of enemy

UI: Stepwell: improvment with housing and food, gains faith if next to holy site, extra food if next to farm.

edit: corrected stuff

Gandhi's Ability - For each civ, India has met that has founded a religion, and is not at war, India gets a significant boost in faith. Opposing Civs suffer penalties in happiness/amenities when waring with India.

India's Ability - Recieve the benefits of follower beliefs from any religions present in the city.

Unique Unit - Varu - Reducsed strength of adjacent enemy units.

Unique Improvement Stepwell - Provides Bonus Faith and Housing, Extra Food from adjacent Farms, and bonus faith from adjacent Holy Districts.

UA: faith from civs you meet that you are not at war with
LUA: Gain follower beliefs from all religons present in your cities, increas war weriness for opponents .
UI: Stepwell: improvment with housing and food, gains faith if next to holy site, must be adjasent to fresh water

Certainly interesting, I have yet to see a civilization that I do not want to at least try unlike Civilization V.

Their unique ability is strange. Is there any way to influence or promote peace between others other than bribes I wonder?

India's ability is called Dharma.

Gandhi's ability is called Satyagraha, and it also provides an unhappiness penalty to civs that are at war with him (so unhappiness is still a thing or did they mean to say amenities/housing???)

LUA: Gain follower beliefs from all religons present in your cities, increas war weriness for opponents .
UI: Stepwell: improvment with housing and food, gains faith if next to holy site, must be adjasent to fresh water

The Stepwell doesn't have to be adjacent to fresh water.

We don't know which one is UA and which is LUA. Also, bonus faith comes from those civs who found a religion.

Pros: It's quite cool to have civ focused not on founding religions, but on having different ones.

Cons: I don't think it's that interesting to play passive religion game. Usually if I invest in religion I want to found one.

Cons: Both abilities are passive.

So far, India looks like the least interesting civ to play to me.

War weariness is back? This is the first I'm hearing of it...

Yes, we've seen it in let's plays.

Top Bottom