Barbarians

Sparrowhawk

The Builder
I'm busy playing my second "Conquests" game right now - the first one I played was the WWII conquest - and I've noticed something weird with barbarians.

I'm playing a random map with barbarians set to 'raging' on monarch difficulty level, and the barbarians are not leaving their camps. I have encountered several camps now with huge stacks of units that just haven't left.

I am aware that barbarians are programmed not to attack against impossible odds, but these ones aren't moving at all. They aren't travelling, or splitting up, or pillaging, or even venturing out to look for targets of opportunity.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Unfortunately, I don't have one within the period where I noticed this behaviour most. So here's a save at 700CE. The arctic area to the at the north end of my island in the 700CE game is crawling with barbarians who aren't coming out to play - and there hasn't been a 'barbarian uprising'. The only way to get them to move is to send an absurdly weak unit up there alone, and then they just kill it and continue - no raiding, etc...

EDIT: Apparently a 184KB zip file is too big to attach, maybe someone can refresh my memory as to how to upload things to civfanatics.net?

Hy, I know what you mean, this is not a bug, but an improvement (in my opinion). Barbarians now just don"t leave the camps and attack the next best thing, they tend to stand together, sometimes even massing on other possition, I don"t know how exactly it has been regulated, but it makes them maybe less agressive

you mean less suicidal. It'd still like to see them move around a bit and maybe harass your workers. isn't that the point? to make the players adjust early movements because the barbs are in the way?

Top Bottom