Stealth planes can't use stealth attack

meltone1

Civophile
In the editor and the civopedia it lists the stealth planes as having stealth attack, and this goes for the F-15 as well. It also lists the units that can be attacked by stealth. However, it doesn't work for them. I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but better safe than sorry.. :rolleyes:

Yes this is confirmed. Stealth attack is not working on the F-15 or other stealth planes. Hopefully they will fix this with the patch.

I think you need to have the tech "Smart Weapons" in order to make the attack you are thinking about.

The technology "Stealth" gives you the ability to build the planes, but you need "Smart Weapons" in order to make the special attack.

Smart weapons enables precision bombing for certain... not sure about the stealth attack part though...

I fear, "stealth" attack is a real attack feature. Since planes do not attack, but bombard (or intercept), they wouldn't be able to make use of the stealth attack feature, then.

I think this is just a misuse of the term "stealth attack." Stealth attacks and Precision Weapons attacks are very similar. Stealth aircraft do not have a "stealth attack" until the Precision Weapons advance is discovered. Then -- Stealth aircraft and the F-15 can choose the target they which to attack which would include city infrastructure.

Top Bottom