New bug or changed functionality with Maintenance costs?

Sanaz

Gorilla Joe
I have a game where my maintenance costs were 72 GPT. I attacked the Dutch, took one city, and my maintenance was 89 GPT, in the same turn. Three GPT were for the improvements left behind, but the rest is unaccounted for. The weirdest thing is, the new calculation is correct, and the old was too low. There are no trades which have ended, and corruption has not changed. I have no explanation for this, and have not seen it on the posted bug lists. Has anyone else seen this or similar?

Two saves are attached in a ZIP file, or you can just attack again to capture Utrecht from Rotterdam, and see the change live. Maybe someone can sanity check for an obvious error/oversight?

I thought it was attached, but it is too large. Strange that I can't upload a save from a small map Zipped with max compression? Max allowed is only 102K, my zip with only one save is 109K. Bummer, but thanks for looking! :)

No problemo,

you might try to 'attach' it thru the easy upload system. At the bottom of the page there's a button 'upload file'.

Greetz Jurimax

I loaded your two saves and they work exactly as you describe on my machine too! The 72 gpt maintenance cost is incorrect for some reason; by taking the city, the maintenance account resets itself.

I ran a test by not declaring war and ending the turn without changing the except to assure than neither pop growth nor buildings were produced, thinking it might correct itself during the "production / commerce" phase of the next turn -- Nope! I ran a second test to eliminate pop growth but allow a build that would produce maintenance, thinking it might correct itself during the next turn -- Nope! I ran a third test in which I allowed pop to grow thinking it might adjust itself -- Nope! Finally, I ran a test to see if a city's cultural expansion would cause it to fix itself -- Nope! I though about building a settler and seeing if building a city would cause a self-correction - but then decided I'd done enough ;)

Sure looks like a bona fide bug to me, and one that could easily slip by unnoticed for a long time. Good eye!

Did you start this in 1.00 and install 1.12, then continue the game?

Good thought, but this was all 1.0, no patch installed. I'll just assume it's a minor bug, and look out for it.

Top Bottom