Next Turn - 1846AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

funxus

Orange Cycloptic Blob
Not much has happened really, but I hope I've made the right priorities.

After moving the units (no deliveries this turn, and no adjusting tax rates) I went through all cities to RB what's necessary.

All cities needing a sewer system, or an aqueduct got that (no matter cost), all cities that I could make happier got a CH or MP/Bank/SE. The cities whose growth had stuck at 0+ got a supermarket (the extra food in the city square kicked the city up a pop). Money was also spent on freights.

Pressed enter...

We discovered an FT (16?). All cities getting a sewer/aqueduct or SM grew a pop. A few cities has problems with pollution (they switched to SP or MT).

I've spent a lot of money, but we don't really have a better use for them. I think we should RB improvements in some cities that need them, despite being from scratch. Also remember the lux cap (2*pop).

So, who's next?

According to the Duke's post, I was listed next - so why don't I give it a go. :)

State of the Union (some applause, but many shouts of revelry and much party noise in the background.) Thank you, thank you. Can everyone hear me (YES!) We will open our remarks by thanking our predecessor with his selfless responsibility in assuming the new position as Party Chairman (applause and many cheers), starting the Grand Party for the Civilization Fanatics Citizens. We intend to party for the next four years (more applause and crowd noise.)

And to further our party along, we choose to rush build many, many improvements, so many that we will not note the specifics here other than to say that we stooped a few manufacturing projects and switched production over to other activities. Why? we discovered pollution in four areas, and three of them were inaccessible by roads! Our stalwart engineers are even now just getting to the affected areas, so we must make improvements to prevent this from occurring in the future. Another are of pollution was discovered this year near Mt. Leo, and steps toward Mass Transit were taken immediately (polite applause.)

And what a future we shall have. Even as we have spaceship racing to the stars, we are racing on the forefront of technology, discovering an advance so profound that our researchers are simply naming it Future Technology #17 (applause.) Yet even though our hearts are looking up to the sky, we will not forget our people here -- Our population now stands at 150 million souls and we founded four new towns, Newburg near Viking’s Resort, Oldeville near Chartres, Slowtown near Lyons, and Wire neat Electric to help house our retired engineers (thunderous applause, drowning out the final comment: or was it five -- I seem to remember East End at the eastern tip of somewhere?)

(Somehow the remaining closing remarks go unheard as the party continues…)

This pollution is worrying, but most of it seem to have been dealt with. Although the amounts are small, Tientsin and Morpheus might need some extra cleaning...

Our population has grown even more.:goodjob:

Are the cities creating the pollution without Mass Transits or Recylcing Centers, or do they need a Solar Plants as well?

I always hate it when pollution shows up on 2 movement terrain that has no roads. That's why when I get near Industrialization I start trying to road all terrain for quick pollution control (as well as freight bonus').

We have 3 more playable turns before landing right? I'll PM naervod to see if he is able to take a turn.

They both need MT, but they only have 1 icon each. Some other cities also had pollution, but they had MT RBed for next turn. The existing pollution can be taken care of this turn (the engineers are in place).

I figure that next turn the engineer teams do the clean up, and the turn after they can road.

Also, I took the liberty of lazing my typical late turn short cut -- about 20+ cities rushed/completed infrastructure but I didn't change the selection for the future. Thus during the "housekeeping" phase of the turn there will be a number of prompts (this was built, etc.) with a few shileds in the box -- thus the choice (and here's the lazy part -- the reminder ) for the next rush buy.

Also a similar effect may occur with the few engineers produced -- I figure that a number of them will be "replaced" via the high luxery rate, so we may want to stuff some of them into our new cities.

I would like to go after next turn, unless you can wait until Saturday or so for me to play, as I am busy tonight and all tomorrow.

Oh my god, I am so sorry, I had two big projects at school this week and completely forgot about this. I will sit this one out for now, but I will definitely help to get recruits for a new game.

Originally posted by naervod
Oh my god, I am so sorry, I had two big projects at school this week and completely forgot about this. I will sit this one out for now, but I will definitely help to get recruits for a new game.

Well you have caught me Narevod ;). Im interested in partisipating in the new game :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom