Workers on Automatic being killed

scottbell

Chieftain
I don't know if anyone else has run into this, but late in the game where I had about 10 workers, they started killing themselves. I'd hit 'a' to automate them, and they run to one of cities and attack the mechanized infantry there. This killed the entirety of my workers. What the hell is going on?

Yah, I'd say it's a bug. They were attacking my mechanized infantry...my own workers!

I'd never even seen a worker being killed before. Usually civ's capture them. Werid bug.

lemmings :lol:

sorry, can't help but this is simply too funny ;) :lol:

Originally posted by scottbell
I don't know if anyone else has run into this, but late in the game where I had about 10 workers, they started killing themselves. I'd hit 'a' to automate them, and they run to one of cities and attack the mechanized infantry there. This killed the entirety of my workers. What the hell is going on?

are they captured workers?

maybe they revolted or something?

They were attacking other units? That has to be a bug since Workers can't even attack. If you try it it says something about non-combat units not being allowed to attack.

Here's exactly what happened:

I was playing the Egyptians, it's about 1985 AD. My workers have run out of stuff to do (it's late and they've railroaded, irrigated, and mined everything). When your workers are on automate and they've done all they can, they revert to manual mode after returning to your cities.

Well, next turn, Thebes produced some pollution. I hit automate on my workers and all 10 of them rushed to Thebes where they were executed by my mechanized infantry. WTF?!?!!?

They weren't captured, they were no enemies within my borders. Hell, I wasn't even at war with anyone. I guess Civilization is now factoring in depression or something because they off'd themselves quite nicely.

-Scott

Sid has one Hell :flamedevi: of a good sence of humor. This is the best laugh I have had in days. I know I need to get out more. But with CivIII who needs to go out. I just keep picturing them running to end there pain. To off themselves :lol:

Bet they were trying to hijack a plane at your city's airport !:egypt:

It's got to be a bug if they were attacking your own units. Weird! :crazyeyes

same thing happened to me near the end of the game around 2020-end...

I'm not sure if they had no more work ot do or not since I had a LOT of land at the time....but they'd try to pass through a city and they would get mowed down by whatever military unit I had in there...

in fact at one point I don't think I had any units in a city and they still died....and it even shows a battle animation and you hear the noises and whatnot....very very weird...

kinda ticked me off though b/c I was about to ship some of my workers to another continent :(

a friend that's playing civ3 as I type just told me that he manually sent a worker to go clean up some pollution and the wroker had to go through a city to get there and got shot down! so I dunno...it's just a crazy azz bug

Originally posted by scottbell
hit automate on my workers and all 10 of them rushed to Thebes where they were executed by my mechanized infantry. WTF?!?!!?

It's Tienammen Square!

Don't worry, just build the WTO wonder and that'll stop happening. :lol:

Top Bottom