Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION III > Civ3 - General Discussions

Old Jan 30, 2004, 07:53 AM   #1
dojoboy
Tsalagi

Question Winter Terrain

How may I utilze the winter terrain, available in PTW, in Conquests?
"According to your faith, be it unto you." --- Jesus (Matthew 9:29)

GOTM66 (PTW): Green Shield
GOTM39 (Civ4): Purple Shield CivRev (DS) FC -> 0302-1438-9435
dojoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2004, 09:51 AM   #2
meltone1
Civophile

It really is a stubborn terrain, since you can't improve it's food output. It is however, worth putting a few cities on because it can yield useful resources in the future. (Oil, for example)
The best advice I can give is to try to make the best of the game(deer) found on the tundra, (i.e. spread them between several tundra based cities so you can cover the most territory and icnrease your odds of hopefully controlling some late game resources) and also try to get some overlap into grassland squares so at least some of the city can be irrigated.
meltone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2004, 09:59 AM   #3
The Last Conformist
Irresistibly Attractive

I think he's talking about the Winter terrain set.

If so, simply chose "Play Scenario" (or whatever it's called in PTW) and start the "Winter Terrain" bix.

To use them in C3C, you'll have to make a scen with "..\..\CIV3PTW\Extras\Winter Terrain" in the Scenario Search Folders textbox under scenario properties (don't change anything else). Volcanoes and Marshes will look odd - you could look over in C&C if someone's made wintry versions of them.

CivIII stuff: Hexette (16x16 World Map), The Classic Maya Scenario, Resource gfx, Other gfx, ACW C3C
The Last Conformist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2004, 11:17 AM   #4
dojoboy
Tsalagi

Quote:
Originally posted by The Last Conformist
I think he's talking about the Winter terrain set.

If so, simply chose "Play Scenario" (or whatever it's called in PTW) and start the "Winter Terrain" bix.

To use them in C3C, you'll have to make a scen with "..\..\CIV3PTW\Extras\Winter Terrain" in the Scenario Search Folders textbox under scenario properties (don't change anything else). Volcanoes and Marshes will look odd - you could look over in C&C if someone's made wintry versions of them.
Yep, thanks!
"According to your faith, be it unto you." --- Jesus (Matthew 9:29)

GOTM66 (PTW): Green Shield
GOTM39 (Civ4): Purple Shield CivRev (DS) FC -> 0302-1438-9435
dojoboy is offline   Reply With Quote