Attachments

• world362nsp_el_mencey.zip
    190.1 KB · Views: 155,657
Map

Attachments

• tierra362325.jpg
    tierra362325.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 20,588
does anyone have a computer fast enough to play with this map?

Originally posted by Duddha
does anyone have a computer fast enough to play with this map?

I don't think he makes these maps for anyone to actually play on.

I play his world map, and may i say that's probably the only map I would play on.

Very accurate and there's only a few places I need to edit. NZ looks a little bit weird.

I play on maps this big on occasion, but they do take aquite a long time. Nice map.

I will play this map
Ville's computer: No you don't;)

I wish I had good enough computer to play this:(

I'm curious about this whole lag issue, having never experienced it. I'd really like to use this map for my mod, but I don't want to get bogged down for an hour between turns.

What's the deal? How much will the map slow me down, and why? Anything I can do about it?

I think I don't get any problems with playing this map.My computer has 80 Gb space or something if I mean right.I'm not an expert on the computer language and all the byte names.:undecide:But anyway it's a great map!!Good job!!:goodjob:

The computer recalcualtes trade routes and updates all the crap after each turn and i believe after each pillage(and the like). When the map gets too big and their are reaching 400 cities it boggs down the game to around 5-30 mins after each turn depending on cpu. And luddi, you need a big processer not a big hard drive.

I myself play on a laptop p4 1900 i believe, and i am waiting around 10 mins after each turn at 400 ad. Giga earth not the same one.

I think this map would make a good poster for educational purposes, that is until I get the 30 ghz to play it =)

You can also use it to crop a section for a scenario you want to make - provided you give credit where credit is due.

Originally posted by SammyDaBull
The computer recalcualtes trade routes and updates all the crap after each turn and i believe after each pillage(and the like). When the map gets too big and their are reaching 400 cities it boggs down the game to around 5-30 mins after each turn depending on cpu. And luddi, you need a big processer not a big hard drive.

I myself play on a laptop p4 1900 i believe, and i am waiting around 10 mins after each turn at 400 ad. Giga earth not the same one.

On this map, i wait around 1-3 minutes on each turn. It would help if the AI's would stop putting railroad on every single square in their territories... :mad: At this point, the maximum number of cities has been reached and the number of CIVS is down to 20 including me from the original 30. The AI's are now churning out colonies like mad because they can't build cities anymore. 1/3 of the world's surface remains unclaimed. This is year 2045 and I have already achieved victory point win AGES ago.

I wonder if turning off the music helps the speed....

I can't play it on my home machine (p2 450), but my new SQL Server at work runs it! :)

32 2.4 Ghz Processors with 64 GB Ram. 1.8 TB storage across multiple SCSI 15k RPM drives.

My 2.66 has an ok loading time between turns (2 minutes max in modern times)- I made some little changes to the map though: i.e. where's the Sherwood Forest, and the like. Apart from tiny thingies that probably go unnoticed if not directly focused upon in too much detail, I'd say this is probably the best map out there.

The only thing that is giving me headaches is to accurately placing non-vanilla civ extra resources :p (and I got plenty)

How many civs you play with, Winter? I'd love nothing better than to load this map up with 31 civs and go at it, but I wouldn't want to go to all that trouble for a game made unplayable by lag ...

My turns take around 30 minutes a piece at the worst, and I have 1.2 gigs, 512 RAM, a 128mb video card. That said, it gives me time to work out, read or clean.

Originally posted by gorn
How many civs you play with, Winter? I'd love nothing better than to load this map up with 31 civs and go at it, but I wouldn't want to go to all that trouble for a game made unplayable by lag ...

At the moment using all 31

Hey El Meceny, can you edit this map to crop out North and South America? I want to download the program to open up the map tool but i have dial up and bad conections, my browser closes before i can even reach about 10 mb's. I think with only the easten continents the map will be smaller so that the game will run faster. If you can, a thousand thank yous.:goodjob:

With that map i would take out the American Civs and add say the Abyssinians, Cambodians, Tibetans, Songhai, Hungary, or whatever. OR i can leave it at 26 civs to play a fast running game.:)

Top Bottom