Term 3 - Ministry of Defense: Ministère de guerre

Sarevok

Civ3 Scenario Creator
Welcome to the Ministry of Defense

Our objectives are:
- Planning offensive and defensive actions for Fanatica's armies.
- Overseeing the military buildup of Fanatica.
- And other such activities involving Fanatica's Armed forces

Minister of Defense: Sarevok

Defense Deputy: None, (post here for the position)

Operational Planners:
captainkeyes23
F4FWildcat

NOTE: The Operational Planner position is an "apprentice" position. For those who are interested in becoming an apprentice, post here.

Current Armed Forces:
12 Warriors
1 Archer
8 Spearmen
10 Swordsmen
8 Horsemen
1 Pikemen
3 Galley

Tasks of the Armed forces:

Garrisons:
- 1 Swordsmen in Mr. Rogers' to head to Vandopolis
- 1 Warrior NW of Grand Bricolage to garrison there

Protection:
NONE

Domestic:
- 1 Pikemen in Ville de Buisson, Change this to something more useful
- 1 Swordsmen in Grand Bricolage, Change this to something more useful
- 1 Warrior in Internal, Garrison
- 1 Pikemen in Liebling, Change this to something more useful
- 1 Archer in Anarchyisgodville, Change this to something more useful

Offensive:
NONE

Defensive:
NONE

Upgrades:
- 1 Spearman in DR
- 1 Spearman in VM
- 1 Spearman in Groton
- 1 Spearman in Bootsville

All Horsemen units should head to a barracks once Chivalry is researched, upgrade to knights, then proceed towards the Audiac borders with Egypt. If war is declared on Egypt, use the knights to attack the cities quickyl and any reserve units to ake city garrisons.

Units to be upgraded should proceed to the nearest city with barracks if they are not already at one.

Operations:
Our armed forces are at a good point at this time, but I advocate domestic and infastructure development during this time rather than mass militarization. I am however, advocating a war with Egypt to eliminate their position in Audiac. I hope to upgrade our horse units to knights in order to use them for this offensive. There are only 3 cities to take so given a decent mobilization time we can win that quickly.

Any units without instructions may move as they like, though city garrisons should not move unless it is of extreme importance.

i would be interested in being the operational planner, could you just tell me what i have to do?

Ok, Youre the first one. The first thing you can generally do is participate in discussions that are in the citizens forum for the ministry of defense. Discussions from here have 'Ministry of Defense' before the written topic. Ex: Ministry of Defense: Mobilization against Egypt?

My Lord Governor,

The Ministry of Internal Affairs Real Estate Department has brought a matter to my attention that I have neglected.

During the upcoming turn, several brave groups of settlers will begin their journies towards new lands. May I have your assurance that, even during the tension with Egypt, forces will be available to safeguard those Citizen who spread the light of Fanatica to the darkest of places?

From the current results, we will be using the two existing settlers to found a city West of Groton and the other North West of St. Octaviansburg. There is a chance that other settler teams will proceed NE of Groton and to the western-most tip of our peninsula. I note that the last site could provide an interesting location for troops.

My thanks!
-- Ravensfire, Minister of Internal Affairs

There are 3 units fortified in the jungle. Jungle can kill a unit if it's fortified. It would be better if they were left unfortified, and just skip them at the end of the turn (i.e., spacebar).

Sarevok:

When I started the Military Alliances thread I thought that Military Alliances fell under Foreing Affairs, but on double checking I realised that Mutual Protection Pacts, ROP, and Trade Embargoes are included (COL B.2.g), Military Alliances are not - confusing or what! I therefore would guess that they fall in your remit as you're responible for defensive and offensive plans (which makes more sense as you need to know the alliances to make your plans).

Thought I better say as if I post any instructions on this they'll be illegal anyway - but it could be difficult to get the spend approved for this - hope we don't lose them as a result. Perhaps we should ask for a judicial review (if that's what it is) to clarify exactly where they're included so there's no confusion in the future.

Furiey

we didnt start it did we?

Furiey, it says specifically you handle all of that stuff. You just ask me who to get them with. I ask you to have Russia then Germany for alliances as that was the poll result.

I would like to join the ministry of defense, as one of the operational Planners, I can play an active role in whatever is to come. If nobody minds helping me get started that is.

alright, The first thing you would need to do at this point is to download the savegame, look at it, then come up with some suggestions for a plan concerning our war with babylon.

EDIT: Register in the citizen Registry!

Top Bottom