Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION III > Civ3 - General Discussions

Old Nov 05, 2001, 05:50 PM   #1
KriFos
Chieftain

AI Combat cheating? No YOU are trying to cheat in combat

I have seen lots of discussion about AI cheating in combat... One thread said it was tested out properly by saving first, then loading the same battle over and over again (if im correct).

Well, in Civ2, you could easily cheat that way, just save before you did a combat, and you would never ever lose a unit...

Now it seems like it is a bit more complicated, i dont know how and why, but no matter how many times i load a combat, i get the exact same result... One way to go past this is to just skip a turn, then you would get a different outcome next time...

I bet they are somehow making eventual battle outcomes right after the previous turn ends (between turns) or something, to stop this "exploit"...
KriFos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2001, 06:02 PM   #2
Setsuna
Polemical Poster

And if everyone who was complaining had just been trying to reload their save games, you'd have a point.

This is a consistent problem that happens frequently in the game. Though I don't chalk it up to AI cheating.
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2001, 06:13 PM   #3
Dearmad
Dead weight

Seperate issues here- the random numbers are not reseeded after you load again so you will get the same series of random numbers- it's a typical way to cut down a bit on cheating in games.

Other issue is debated elsewhere in this board.
Dearmad is offline   Reply With Quote