Giant Death Robots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfection

The Great Head.
Here's what I want, Giant Death Robots, I don't care what they have to do to get them into the game, but there must be giant death robots. And there must be a wide variety of giant death robots, there should be plasma cannon wielding giant death robots. Ones that just pound things with their giant metal fists. Oh, and you should differentiate between good robots and bad robots. Oh, and some of them should transform, like in autobots transformers. I really don't care if the "history" is accurate or if it's "realistic" I just want really big giant huge death robots.

Oh, and the robots must have awesome names like "Mega-destructomator" or "Carnage-bot 7000." Now all of these giant death robots must be anthropomorphic, because that's the ONLY form for giant death robots (although they can transform into other shapes).

Now, more about the specialized giant death robots: You'd have your chief megazord type robot, so huge it takes a whole team of power rangers to control it! They'd be mega-giant death robots that can take out cities merely by walking in close proximity to them! And they can disassemble to form a bunch of smaller (yet still giant) death robots. You'd also have transforming robots, because with transforming robots there's more than meets the eye, you'd have robots in disguise! They'd transform either into automobiles or giant animals. The giant animals could run really fast, but they'd have no weapons until they transformed into the anthropomorphic shape. The automobile ones could travel unseen into a city then from the inside lay down destruction on the grandest of scales! Also, there'd be ones that shoot out missiles from long range, and they'd be all cocky because they don't have to be directly involved in the battle, sort of a comic relief from all that awesomeness! Then there'd be these really slow really heavily armored fat robots, all the other robots will be laughing at it's mega-slow rate, but then when it finally gets close enough, it shoots out the biggest most powerful weapons in the game, then all the former laughing robots would be nothing more than a pile of molten scrap! Oh and there should be some robots that are specialized for deep-sea fighting, they'd walk on the ocean floor, and would fire torpedoes and can with stand pressures that would make the makers of the Alvin jealous!

Oh and as your technology improves you could have better and better death robots. Perhaps you'd start out with a steam powered mega mechanical iron monster that shoots out cannons and stuff and their either driven by mustache twirling villains who enjoy chaining golden haired virgins to train tracks (that's also got to be included in the game), or cowboys (or perhaps outlaws). Later on you'd get gas powered ones that shoot out new fangled machine guns these are run by mad scientist types. After that you'd get nuclear powered ones powered by a transplanted brain that fire laser cannons. Then we'd get the fusion ones which shoot out superheated plasma and are run by a computer-brain, these have ion engines and can fly through space and battle other giant space robots, evil blobs that go arggh, or space pirates (Which will be a MAJOR component to the game). Then you'd get the antimatter powered ones that can turn invisible and teleport and travel in hyperspace and visit other worlds where you can battle giant alien death robots.

Now you may be thinking "well, that's nice but how big would the giant robots be?" Well, I'd say they'd have to be about 200 feet tall or taller to begin with so that they can crush most buildings under their feet. It would get bigger and bigger as time progresses though and in the later eras you'd have robots that are easily 2 miles tall!

Now these robots would have awesome battles with each other in beautiful rendering so that you can see the sheer hugeness and beauty of these metal (and later on plastic-composite) monsters. And, they'd have awesome phrases when the fight like "Prepare to eat 500 cubic meters of pure energy" and then the big huge cannon would fire and the amount of radiation that the computer screen would put out to show how blindingly bright it is would blind you and unless your wearing a protective lead suit permanently sterilize you (If you're male, females would just get breast cancer).

Also included in the packaging should be giant artistic posters of the giant death robots in the game, and all of them would be saying their cool phrases that they say during the game, and they'd have awesome landscapes behind them of cities that they've pulverized with their giant fists, or landscapes of other planets, or in the event of the aforementioned deep sea robots a wreaked vessel of war, perhaps a destroyer, perhaps an aircraft carrier or perhaps even a nuclear submarine oozing out green radioactive goo! Also the manual would be filled with quotes from famous movie and TV giant death robots to help set the mood.

Oh and all the songs should either be hard rock, techno, or one of those classical pieces with a whole lot of timpani parts, and they must be real loud. So loud that when you play it on anything less then stadium speakers parts would come flying off and damage everyting and everyone within a few feet! The music should give a pulse-pounding edge-of-the-seat feeling that will get you ready to fight your army of super-robots.

This really gets to the core philosophy of Civilization, fighting on a massive scale, and gives it a whole new meaning. It would sell like hotcakes, especially if it smelled like hotcakes!

Perhaps this is betraying Sid Meier's "vision" or some sort of "ideals" that you civilization folk have, but honestly the massive amount of sheer awesomeness associated with giant death robots will much more then enough to compensate for the differences.

Originally posted by Padma
I must admit, Perfection, your spam has improved greatly since your early days. ;)
Thanks! Just so you know, I've gone a record 5 months without getting banned!

You know what that means... :mischief:

YES AWESOME!

Nothing spells number one selling game title than GIANT DEATH ROBOTS!!!

Let's face it, there's no point adding Giant Death Robots when there is the awesome power of the Spearman! If it can take down MA it can take a Robot any day!

Hmmmm. :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

The main problem I have is that Steam-Powered Giant Death Robots driven my mustachioed villians or cowboys seem pretty advanced for the ancient age, and obviously would not be appropriate until Steam Power was discovered. The ancient age GDRs should be made of stone and wood and rope, with lots of huge wooden pulleys. They would be very slow and make lots of creaking, grinding noises, but you better run when you see one coming.

Didn't we have this in Call to Power?

What about giant radioactive monkeys? Don't forget about them!

Originally posted by AdHHH
Let's face it, there's no point adding Giant Death Robots when there is the awesome power of the Spearman! If it can take down MA it can take a Robot any day!
Fool! No man can stand up to the power of a Giant Death Robot! They'd crush the humans like the vile bugs they are! Though a robot that rail launches shiny spears composed of the strongest composite materials around and sharpened to a point so fine that it makes a hair look like like a football stadium would be a wonderful idea!

Originally posted by Volum
I didnt bother to read the hole post tought, it was to long
Idiot! Did you not look at the whole of the Mona Lisa because it is too big? Did you not crane your neck to see the awesome stainless steel top of the Crysler because it was too high? Do you not listen to all of "The Dark Side of the Moon" because it was too long? You can't experience artistic thrill if you're too busy rushing off to do some lame activity! Stop and smell the roses, nitwit!

Originally posted by judgement
The main problem I have is that Steam-Powered Giant Death Robots driven my mustachioed villians or cowboys seem pretty advanced for the ancient age, and obviously would not be appropriate until Steam Power was discovered. The ancient age GDRs should be made of stone and wood and rope, with lots of huge wooden pulleys. They would be very slow and make lots of creaking, grinding noises, but you better run when you see one coming.
No, robots must be made of metal or at least a plastic composite, you're idea is stupid, in fact all of the loser ages should be wiped out of the game, we don't need them to have a good time! Here's the ages we should have, Steam, Gas, Atomic, Post-Nuclear Halocaust, Fusion, Anti-matter, and the secret age beyond!

Originally posted by Shyrramar
Didn't we have this in Call to Power?
They had "war-walkers" and that's it. That does NO justice to the immense awesomeness of giant death robots. Also, they are bigots and don't show true robot diversity, and they had units that could beat giant death robots, nothing beats giant death robots!

Originally posted by ShiplordAtvar
What about giant radioactive monkeys? Don't forget about them!
Pah! Giant radioactive monkeys stand no threat to Giant Death robots. If you want this to be a loser game for lamoids then we could have it, but I want a kick-butt action-packed game of utter amazingnessosity! If you want that loser game make your own thread, but in MY thread, no loser ideas allowed!

Originally posted by MarineCorps
Very nice perfection. Very nice indeed. But me thinks you've been watching to mush Japanese anime.
Pffft! If an American has a good idea all you folks try to go credit the Japanese, this was inspired only by AMERICAN comics such as Autobots Transformers, and Power Rangers! If you like Japan so much why don't you pack your bags and leave!

Ok, perfection, but what would the shield costs and techs required be? Does my civ get to build a Giant Death Robot UU? I definately want a GDR UU. It should be customizable, so the Japanese could have Mecha-Godzilla.

I doubt even a Giant Death Robot could withstand the awesome power of Giant Radioactive Monkeys on pogo-sticks.

Boring. If they put this in, they should atleast make it optional. :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: ;) :p
But it's not a tottaly dumb idea. I see the creativity.

Wow!!! Absolutely fantastic!!! I can't wait when Firaxis will make this tremendous action-packed game!!! Now, I know you've probably did it, but I'll ask anyway: Do you patended- copyrighted the title so nobody else "steal" it? Go and sell it immediately for 1 billion "Real" Giant Death Robots.

GDRs is a great idea i mean really. I hade a idea like yours it was Motherships it would be a new way to win each nation may build a mother ship when compleat it will fire death rays on enemy citys it would be builted like the space ship only it would be a powerful weapon

Hahaha... this made me laugh out loud. Nice post. And in all seriousness, I wouldn't mind giant death robots, the tech tree dead ends too early :)

Perfection said:
Thanks! Just so you know, I've gone a record 5 months without getting banned!

Hmm...I registered a month after you, and I've never even been warned. ;)

Oh and I don't think the Giant Robot thing is going to work out. Although I must applaud your efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom