-Parthia
-Nubia
-Seleucid Empire
-Japan
-Carthage
-Pergamum
-Choson

Unique Units:
ROME: -Roman Trireme (aaglo), Roman Legion (kinboat)
CELTS: -European Swordsman (utahjazz7), Frank (utahjazz7)
GERMANIC TRIBES: -Slavic Horseman (utahjazz7), Germanic Spearman (Kinboat)
HUNS: -AOK Tarkan (thomson_2001), Golden Horde (kinboat)
CHINA: -Qin Soldier/Spearman (Dom Pedro II), Chinese Swordsman (utahjazz7)
INDIA: -Eastern Pikeman (Labmonkey), Elephant Archer (jimmyh)
OLMEC: -Mayan Plumed Archer (thomson_2001), Meso-American Spearman (Utahjazz7)
CHAVIN: -Native American Fictional Ship (aaglo), Native Warrior (Kinboat)
ZAPOTEC: -Native American Spearman (Varkasal), Iroquois Archer (Kinboat)
DJENNE-DJENO: -Ethiopian Javalineer (sween32), African Horseman (Sims2789) <<<
PTOLEMY: -Macedonian UU (one of two), Etruscan War Chariot (BeBro)
MACEDONIA: -Macedonian Companion Horseman (Kryten), Macedonian Phalangite (Kryten)
PARTHIA: -Horse Archer (Kryten), Cataphract (Kinboat) <<<
NUBIA: -African Spearman (Nahuixtelotzin), African Archer (embryodead)
SELEUCID EMPIRE: -Cataphract (Kinboat), Macedonian Hypaspist (Kryten)
JAPAN: -Black Hunter (aaglo), Bushi (utahjazz7)
CARTHAGE: -Elephant Cavalry (Dom Pedro II), Gladiator (utahjazz7), for use as mercenary
PERGAMUM: -Greek Archer (embryodead), Persian Hire Hoplite (Kryten)
CHOSON: -Asian Horseman (utahjazz7), Korean Turtleship (aaglo)

Governments
-Imperialism
-Republic (modified version of original)
-Aristocracy
-Despotism (slightly modified)
-Tribal Rule
-Dynastic Rule
-Oligarchy
-Autocracy
-Monarchy (slightly modified)

Added Improvements/Wonders:
-Slave Post
1 Maintenence, 2 Production, 50% Luxury Output, produces 1 unhappy citizen
-Fort
1 Maintenence, 75 Defense, Veteran Ground Units, REQ: Timber
-Temple of Horus-WONDER
1 Maintenence, 2 Culture, Gain Temple in every city, REQ: Africa
-Circus Maximus-SMALL WONDER
1 Maintenence, 2 Culture, Two Happy Citizens in Every City, REQ: Slave Post & Greco-Roman
-Bronzeworks
1 Maintenence, 2 Production
-Legionaire Barracks-WONDER
1 Maintenence, Gives Barracks in Every City on Content, Increased Army Value
-Silk Road-SMALL WONDER
2 Maintenence, +50% Luxury Output, 2 Happy Citizens in City

The technology tree will be slightly modified to reflect the technological advances of the era.

A world map is being used.

All civilizations will have 1-6 cities (with an average of 4 per civ), except some which have one superpowerful city, and the Mongols which have around 6 "towns" to simulate the widespread villages.

--Any comments/suggestions please feel free to post!

**Update:
-Newest map added, some important changes were made, i.e.-adding Seleucid Empire.
-Need any and all suggestions (leaders, Unique Units, wonders, improvements, techs)!! :)

Attachments

• impt_map.zip
    75.7 KB · Views: 158
You should rename the Mongols to Huns. They were completely different. If you want a state in Afghanistan and the countries north of it, you could add Bactria; another one is Parthia in Turkmenistan and northeastern Iran. Gaul is another one which you could have spanning from Ireland to Turkey (IIRC 200BC is just before their height), and you could combine the Franks, Angles and so forth into the 'Teutons'.

Osubaker, that would be the Scythians :D The Goths in 200BC are believed to have been around modern Lithuania.

Vsaiyan, very loosely related. The Mongols are actually half Xian-Bei, which were the arch-nemises of the Xiong-Nu Huns.

I thought the goths got chased out of russia by the huns, and fled to the Roman empire for protection. Where they were treated like crap and later turned on the Romans. *Alaric is one possible leader for the Goths, though he came later in thier history when they were known as the Visigoths.

PS I love this time period and am looking foward to playing this.

EDIT: I looked it up and actually they did drift into and live in what is now present day Ukraine or Scythia as it was known to the ancients.

Also, if you need help with getting some cities or leaders, just say and people will try to help you out.

PS: The Gauls were a group of Celtic tribes in France. And the Teutons are the Germanic tribes but you would be right in saying that the Teutons was a tribe - a very ancient and long gone one IIRC.

Mongoloid Cow said:
Also, if you need help with getting some cities or leaders, just say and people will try to help you out.

PS: The Gauls were a group of Celtic tribes in France. And the Teutons are the Germanic tribes but you would be right in saying that the Teutons was a tribe - a very ancient and long gone one IIRC.

Well help is always appreciated, just means it will be out that much sooner. :-D

Off the top of my head :)

1. Seleucid cities toward the west should be Antioch (on Mediterranean) and Seleuceia instead of Babylon (a lot of cities could be renamed for the period)

2. I'd include Nubia (or Meroe, whatever you like) as it was a significant power (leaderhead is available, U.U. could be Kush-ite Archer 3-1-1 cost 20)

3. Utica (and ALL Carthaginian cities) needs to be on the coast - unless you mean for this to represent her Numidian allies

4. I'd include Parthia or Bactria in the Oxus region

5. I'd include some more Asian civs even if only as Settlers at this point

What about Greece? I heard Greece was conquered by the Romans in 176 BCE. If you include them, start them of at war with Rome of or something

Antiochus VII, I agree Parthia would be a great addition as:
a) They were the greatest enemy Rome encountered
b) They eventually conquered most of the Seleucid territories east of Antioch

Yeah, great idea, You absolutely have to include the parthians, although I don't know how strong they were in 200 BC, but some centuries later they were the greatest enemy Rome ever had encountered. Perhaps another asian civ (one settler idea is great). The olmec seem to be the only one in america, that's good because this will simulate that they won't get very developed, because only competition lets civs(or people develop.

@LLxerxes, Macedonia represents Greece... :)

mfG mitsho

Alright, I'm not very good at Asian history during that time period (other than India and China) so could someone please recommend a name of the civ that these settlers will belong to?

Also, re-did first post.

And re-did the map, please once again critique the map as much as possible, b/c I want it to be perfect :).

EDIT--> Preliminary map removed please consult latest map (available in first post).

Top Bottom