Unit Preview - Reaver Titan

The red MIGHT be the Civ colour if I can be bothered to put all the red colours in the Civ-area of the palette ... which is TEN MINUTES WORK! ... obviously FAR too much bother :D

Seriously though, I hope to get this unit done (with Civ-colours :rolleyes: ) by Friday morning. If not then it'll get done Tuesday or later (I'm working the weekend)

Yeah, let's have some pretty pink titans frolicking among the troops in their pretty pink colors! Sheesh! :rolleyes: :D

IMO not everythings needs civ colors, as it ruins the individuality of the special units. :)

Cheers Thorgrimm

This looks quite impressive... Excellent model, and animations :D

Agree wiht zulu, gun attack seems lacking some punch. Maybe give it some smoke and flash effects and lose the energy bolt animation.

btw excellent stuff

Good f'in god muffins. That is sweet.... and you made the model in Open FX Designer? I had to go on a business trip for a week, with no access to my computer... :( ... I come back to see this!

I have got to learn how to use Open FX! Now I am convinced it can make sweet units!

Muffins where do find OpenFX designer?

By the way I see you are planning on doing another versions of the Reaver Titan as well as a Warhound Titan though you are looking at modeling the Pre-Heresy Warhound Titan using pics from Armorcast to work from, though they they never produced Vulcan MegaBolter arm for their Warhound!
Try looking at ForgeWorlds Warhounds
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_TITANS_31.html

The First is a Mars Pattern Warhound Titan with a Vulcan MegaBolter and a Plasma Blast Cannon
The lst one is a Wolf Class Warhound Titan with Plasma Blast Cannon and a Twin Turbo Laser.

Attachments

• Mars_WarhoundTitan1.jpg
    Mars_WarhoundTitan1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Wolf_WarhoundTitan1.jpg
    Wolf_WarhoundTitan1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 62
Hey muffins. I criticized your female units, but the Titan looks class! I'm also happy that you have interest in Warhammer 40k units. Also, in this special case, I think the bigger the unit, the better. WH40K units dont really go together with Civ3 foot units, so you can make Titans as big as you want (in the preview shown below you can see I also decided ie. to make tanks bigger than in Civ3).

I hope you don't mind this small threadjack, since for some reason you have PM's disabled. Some time ago I posted those previews of poser models I have, but I never had time to work on them, various issues, mainly that I have other projects running ie. Warhammer Fantasy mod. I've also sent those models to someone else to make them but haven't heard from him since. Anyway, at some point either me or him should finish those units. I don't expect anything sooner than 2 months though ;) Then, maybe you could consider some kind of cooperation (if you can wait for a master-of-delays like me) making the other units ie. a set for Titans and various Orkish and Eldar vehicles. Apart from those visible on the preview I have some Chaos marines/terminators and Eldar infnatry. With those models animated and you making more units, a WH40K mod might be finally possible!

Attachments

• 40k.gif
    40k.gif
    33.8 KB · Views: 167
embryodead said:
Some time ago I posted those previews of poser models I have, but I never had time to work on them, various issues, mainly that I have other projects running ie. Warhammer Fantasy mod. I've also sent those models to someone else to make them but haven't heard from him since. Anyway, at some point either me or him should finish those units. I don't expect anything sooner than 2 months though ;) Then, maybe you could consider some kind of cooperation (if you can wait for a master-of-delays like me) making the other units ie. a set for Titans and various Orkish and Eldar vehicles. Apart from those visible on the preview I have some Chaos marines/terminators and Eldar infnatry. With those models animated and you making more units, a WH40K mod might be finally possible!

Sounds great ;) I'm planning a series of WH40K stuff and already have some stock models ready for modification (Rhino, Whirlwind, Vindicator, Terminator etc).

It might be a good idea if we co-ordinate our unit making so that we don't end up making the same stuff :rolleyes:

I havn't got anything frimly planned after the second Reaver and a Warhound (and perhaps a Warlord too) so tell me what not to make :lol:

@muffins, that was the kind of cooperation I thought about :) Generally I'm working with Poser which isn't a 3d modelling program but a tool made for animating humanoid figures easily, so I load the basic models and can combine and mix them to have different varietes of infantry. I have models to make all infantry units for space marines, chaos, eldars and orks. No vehicles/ships/titans apart from those shown on the preview since I can't make such models from scratch.. so there's plenty of to do :p

Top Bottom