SCENARIO: Second Indochina War

El Justo

Deity
The Second Indochina War; 1956-1973
for CivConquests only

This is a two civ scenario with the main goal being the reunification of Vietnam. Victory Point scoring is the main vehicle to winning. Hold onto each VP location for the duration of the 2 eras and you win though this is easier said than done...

It is July 1956 and the elections to reunify the country have just been cancelled :mischief: . North Vietnamese leaders are furious and have just now begun to mobilize for their infiltration into the South in order to destabilize the regime of Ngo Dinh Diem. However, the North and Ho Chi Minh has suffered tremendously from the victorious war with the French and their infrastructure is in shambles. Communist sentiment among the people isn't restricted to those in the North. A sprinkling of villages in the Central Highlands have gone 'Red' and the South Vietnamese military, in its infancy, sets out to destroy all communist influences in their territory.

South Vietnam must act fast because the Commies are mobilizing to take over the southern part of Vietnam. Thus, the first era of the scenario encompasses the initial struggle between the North and the South during the years 1956 through 1964. The objectives are clear: rid South Vietnam of all the communist influences and dig in for the subsequent communist offensives that a certain to take place in the 2nd era; 1965-1973.

The second era of the scenario is dominated by the foreign influences of the Vietnam War. American, Soviet, Chinese, Australian and even South Korean influences are found all throughout the 2nd era. South Vietnamese firepower is boosted tremendously but the North has a numbers advantage. Can you, as South Vietnam, hold off the commie onslaught and keep South Vietnam intact? Only time will tell...

Download Version 1.1

Be sure to DL the biq files which are seperate from the file DL. They are attached at the bottom of this post.

EDIT: July 20, 2004
Added: A South Vietnam version & a North Vietnam version

Version 1.1 is now uploaded for play. It has corrected the routing error that was in the biq file. All of it should work now. Be sure to place the entire folder in CivilizationIII\Conquests\Conquests folder. Then 'cut' the big file and 'paste' it into the CivilizationIII\Conquests\Conquests folder.

Click 'Conquests' on the title screen and voila...

Credits:

Unit Graphics: Hunter, Wyrmshadow, Timeline, Pesoloco, Ripptide, Smoking Mirror, SK138, Recon 1591, Balou, Wi1d, BeBro, J-S, Crist2000, TVA22, Sween 32, Kentonio, Firaxis.
Units_32 file: Zulu9812
Building/Wonder Graphics: Ukas, Drift and Rufus T. Firefly
Terrain Graphics: Cordy
Leaderhead Graphics: SpincruS

Thanks for all of those awesome graphics fellas!

Map: modified version of El Mencey's Indochina map.
City Placement: El Justo

A special thanks to Unscratchedfoot, my Canadian friend on the run ;) who is a wealth of Vietnam info. Thanks dude, you helped me out alot.

Luddi VII also supported me in my decision to expand on our original project. Thank you young man :p .

i'll post some more screen shots in a little while...

Looks like another great one El Justo! :goodjob: thats another 60megs going on my harddrive now :D hopefully it will be bug free but I'll be sure to test it out. BTW whats the techtree like?

Wow, I wasn't expecting this out for awhile. I guess you got done all your playtesting and tweaking. I'll start the download before I go to work cause it might take awhile being a larger download (mines at 140 mb!!!). Will this run okay on slower machines? Did you fill in the civiopedia? I'm almost finished the vietnam mod upgrade. It takes forever cause everytime I try to research something for the game, I end up blowing a ton of time just reading Vietnam stories. :sad: I might not get to try out your mod for a day or two cause I'm just finishing placing units and doing map-editing so a test game is due. Anyways, thanks for posting this mod.

EDIT: it looks like only a 12 minute download according the d/l popup.

I downloaded the scenario just a little while ago, but when I chose to play it from the Civ-Contects, it crashed. Here is an image.

unscratchedfoot said:
Wow, I wasn't expecting this out for awhile. I guess you got done all your playtesting and tweaking. I'll start the download before I go to work cause it might take awhile being a larger download (mines at 140 mb!!!). Will this run okay on slower machines? Did you fill in the civiopedia? I'm almost finished the vietnam mod upgrade. It takes forever cause everytime I try to research something for the game, I end up blowing a ton of time just reading Vietnam stories. :sad: I might not get to try out your mod for a day or two cause I'm just finishing placing units and doing map-editing so a test game is due. Anyways, thanks for posting this mod.

EDIT: it looks like only a 12 minute download according the d/l popup.

If it takes just 12 minutes to DL this, I think the file has been uploaded in it's fully size. :scan:

Sarevok said:
looks like you got a problem with pics in the civilopedia...

though it says that it's a missing text entry? is it the Café pcx pics?

@scratchy
the scen runs real quick on my computer but then again it's pretty quick/speedy.

sorry to all about any stinkin error that may occur w/ the scenario. it didn't do that for me on my PC. if it is the Café pcx then i'll have to repack the DL file i guess.

anyone know how to make a "patch"?

Luddi VII said:
Ooh!!!I'm soooo tired of those "ICON_BLDG_xxx" errors!!!:(

This blows. I wonder if its cause the victim of the error didn't install the folder in the right place or something. LIke if it worked okay for you pasta, then it sounds like an installment loopygoop.

iSN'T anyone playing this? I ended up doing some testing and never did any playing today. Is it working now or still giving icon errors? It seems vietnam is really no interest for anyone on civfanatics. Must be ancient or world war scenario to get interest. For me, Vietnam will always be #1. YAH!! In 2nd place for coolest war in history is the eastern front in ww2, then roman army era is 3rd.

i fixed the scenaro, took me a while, and i had to move most of the files in the CivilizaitionIII/Conquests folder, but I havent played lately, looks good though

Top Bottom