Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION III > Civ3 - Game of the Month

Old Jul 10, 2004, 11:46 AM   #1
Qpdaj
Warlord

Classic 33?

I know for me personally the first half of this month has absolutely FLOWN by; I finished and submitted my Classic 32 game yesterday (the first chance I'd had in weeks) before I realized what the date was...

So, since Classic 33 isn't out yet, is my submission good?
Qpdaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 11:48 AM   #2
Qpdaj
Warlord

Doh! I just realized I was a week ahead of myself. Nevermind then...
Qpdaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 02:13 PM   #3
Xevious
1 Solvalou left

Actually it's only 5 days away, maybe this should be the start of the pre-game speculation?
Xevious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 05:24 PM   #4
AlanH
Mac addict, php monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpdaj
I know for me personally the first half of this month has absolutely FLOWN by; I finished and submitted my Classic 32 game yesterday (the first chance I'd had in weeks) before I realized what the date was...

So, since Classic 33 isn't out yet, is my submission good?
The submissions form has a life all of its own now, untouched by human hand Ainwood tells it when it can accept submissions and when to stop when he creates each game. When GOTM32 submissions are no longer allowed you will be told so when you try to upload them. The upload page also states what games are being accepted at any time.

If the date arithmetic in my code is right (no guarantees ) then GOTM 32 should be open until about 12:00 noon on 16th July, GMT. I say "about" because (a) the server clock is not synchronised to anything except maybe Thunderfall's kitchen egg timer, and (b) the PHP and MySql specs are a bit obscure abut how they handle daylight saving time.
Civ3 Utilities: 20K Culture Excel Calc w. Anarchy OS X: FileValet compressor/archiver for Civ3 Complete | Civ3 1.29b2 Updater | TextEdit for Civ3 Mods
AlanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 09:07 PM   #5
Xerol
Emperor

Quote:
(a) the server clock is not synchronised to anything except maybe Thunderfall's kitchen egg timer
Seems to be whatever timezone you set it to, minus 20 minutes. Assuming you set the timezone correctly(when I first joined, and for about a year afterward, I had it set at GMT+5 instead of GMT-5...and I wondered why everything was 9 hours and 40 minutes off....)

And I think we're just about due for a Spec thread, aren't we?
Xerol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 03:52 AM   #6
AlanH
Mac addict, php monkey

Quote:
minus 20 minutes.
You see my point
Civ3 Utilities: 20K Culture Excel Calc w. Anarchy OS X: FileValet compressor/archiver for Civ3 Complete | Civ3 1.29b2 Updater | TextEdit for Civ3 Mods
Old Jul 11, 2004, 04:10 AM   #7
eldar
ChiefTank

It's the 11th, and GOTM33 is due soon, right? And no pre-game thread? Hmm.

Neil.
eldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 11:34 AM   #8
alamo
bang!

I've been waiting patiently for the handout, too.
alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 11:55 AM   #9
SirPleb
Shaken, not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanH
The submissions form has a life all of its own now, untouched by human hand
Impressive! You should be a very proud father!
SirPleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 12:59 PM   #10
AlanH
Mac addict, php monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPleb
You should be a very proud father!
Thanks SirPleb, I am rather. It was a totally selfish act, however, as it's the only way I can arrange for Ainwood to do all the work of getting the game into play so that I don't see any spoiler info - Jason factors and such. Now I hope I'll be able to play the Classic game for real this month and give Sam a run for his money Or not!
Old Jul 11, 2004, 06:19 PM   #11
deadloss
Chieftain

I think we're about due having a stab at controlling the Germans or the Zulus aren't we? I don't remember playing either of those recently.

That's my wild guesses for GOTM#33.
deadloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 06:39 PM   #12
ainwood
Watching.

I'll post the speculation / pre-game discussion tonight (about 8 hours from the timestamp on this post).
ainwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 08:50 PM   #13
Aeson
orangesoda

I will speculate that the pre-game discussion thread will be 7h 43m from the timestamp on ainwood's post. And that he uses the letter "e" extensively in his post.