Term 1 Presidential Hut

I came here to complain about the fact that we have not seen a Turn Chat Summary yet, Mr. President. T/C Summaries are needed by everyone, newbs and vets alike. Please discontinue this practice of neglecting your constituency. We need a T/C Summary after each chat. If you're too tired to write them after the Chat, don't hold them so late. :crazyeye:

I agree with Cyc, all formalities and procedures should be in order, especially in the running of Japanaticas highest office.

Chieftess was a little quick on the lock button so I couldn't post a turnchat summary in the instruction thread. Maybe it would be better to do it here :)

Turnchat 1, 4000BC.

The chat started promptly at the scheduled time, and immediately turned into a discussion on the legality of accepting "changed vote" posts from citizens in a non-public poll. Domestic Leader Noldodan wanted to accept a vote change in the city placement poll, and then break the resulting tie in favor of a move to the East. The poll had a clear winner of moving to the North, except for the attempted changed vote. After a significant discussion, the President was prepared to declare the instruction invalid and follow the evident will of the people embodied in the poll results. Noldodan agreed at that point to follow the poll, and that attempting to use the vote change was not reasonable.

The following 10 turns passed fairly quickly, and exactly according to script. We moved the settler North and started mining the start square. Our capitol [forgot how to spell it, edit this :blush: ] was founded in 3950 BC and grew to population 2 very quickly. We produced a warrior which started exploring to the South.

At the end of the scheduled 10 turns, we had a discussion about continuing play. Chief Justice Cyc led the support for stopping at 10, while several people wanted to press on until a settler was produced, or another significant event occurred. The President then checked WOTP in the forums and found that discussion on the matter [edit a link in here] had a slight but noticeable concensus to press on to 15 turns. The decision was made to set a hard stop at 15 turns, or when something significant enough to generate forum discussion appeared.

Two additional turns were then played. Turn 11 revealed gems in the mountains to the south, and calls to stop play were renewed. The available information didn't look like enough to go on for city planning, and we knew that the IBT would include cultural expansion to reveal more of the north. Turn 12 was played, revealing 3 more gems (trade goods!!) and a river to the south, and that the floodplain extends to the east. Play then stopped prior to hitting enter for turn 12, so that if the citizens want to change production in the capitol to a settler that can be done without delay.

I agree with the Presidential decision with going beyond turn 10, as nothing happened anyways, but we got more qualified data to discuss, beyond wild guesswork.
The President did, given the circumstances, the right decision. We should maybe also reconsider following the 10 turn rule slavically, as there is no set rule on turns for a term, sometimes nothing significant happens in 18 turns, and sometimes a lot happen in 4 turns.

Honorable President Daveshack and VP Chieftess

I am about to lauch the Ringi Reform of Japanatica, and the first target is the city localization and development. As the Presidency, you are interested in city improvements that fit into the long term strategy of actually executing the policies proposed for Japanatica.

Please investigate the City Proposal Thread and assess the printed map, marcation of future city borders, the tile production by shield, gold food and gold. All of these is the are critical aspect for your Presidential needs.

So whenever a proposed city comes into the view on that thread, grade it from 0-5 based on how good the city location is. Also grade the city for its future strategic resource and luxury resources, as well as trade roads to other Civs and so on.
When complete, write 3-5 lines on the point selection, and submit it with the Domestic Affairs Ministry. If the City alternative is approved and selected for polling, you are free to, but not obliged, to write in the city proposal thread in order to influence the outcome. I have posted similar posts in the other Departments.

Screenshot at end of turn 4, 3300 BC.

turn 5 save

Turn 6 save

North area:

South area:

Turnchat summary:

Chat summary, 3450BC - 3150BC.

We started out with the governor instructions on the verge of being eliminated from consideration by the judicial review. There are no domestic instructions on the area normally covered by the governor. DP decision is to go ahead with switching to settler. On recommendation from the chat attendees (and common sense :p) MM'd to give settler in 6.

Exploration to the S and SW shows that the mountain range is almost certainly coastal, and keeps going for a ways. There are horses on a hill to the SW, and the total gem count is now up to 5.

Capitol growth to 3 results in unhappieness. Need to consider a temple or 10% lux to avoid impact to growth. Used a scientist.

The chat stopped on production of the settler. We need a good decisive settlement lcoation choice for the next TC!

I wish for the President and there dignantaries to cast there votes and partisipate in the Babylon Trade thread :).

Thanks,
CivGeneral

You know, with the chats in the morning now, maybe we should call them, "The Sunrise Chats", or "The Breakfast Chats".

Well, Japan is "The Land of the Rising Sun."

So looking at our start position, I'd say the Sun rises in the West and sets in the East.

But it'd look the same to us since in-game we're in the Southern Hemisphere. Albiet barely.

And I'll abstain from any "Calender establishment based on solar positioning" questions until we have discovered Mathematics.

Good point SD3. Speaking of morning chat's, :rolleyes: isn't our next chat tomorrow morning? Where the heck is our Turn Chat Instruction (TCI) thread? Shouldn't the TCIs go up immediately after a chat? How are our Leaders supposed to post Instruction? How are we supposed to judge the content of their Instruction? Isn't this a little bit sneaky, Mr. President?

Cyc said:
Good point SD3. Speaking of morning chat's, :rolleyes: isn't our next chat tomorrow morning? Where the heck is our Turn Chat Instruction (TCI) thread? Shouldn't the TCIs go up immediately after a chat? How are our Leaders supposed to post Instruction? How are we supposed to judge the content of their Instruction? Isn't this a little bit sneaky, Mr. President?
Don't worry Cyc;
it's here. And it has been there for at least 24 hours already.

That's really strange. I've been looking for it too. Oh well, sorry Mr. president.

I'm a bit lost with SD3's comment about the southern hemisphere. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west for us here too...?

I know it does. What I mean is that if, in the Civ World, the sun rises from West to East, then it would look no different to our in-game counterparts than the Real Life Northern Hemisphere. It would look quite different from the RL Southern Hemisphere.

Then again, you are probably quite used to the sun going counter-clockwise. I'm just saying it could be all relative... or something...

Mr. President,

Can we expect a narrative recap of the turn chat?

I too am interested in a recap of the chat, and an explanation for why you felt it necessary to press on for 17 turns.

In your recap, please be sure to post all trades that happened beyond the 10-turn mark, and who authorized it. In the meantime, I will be conducting an investigation of my own.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
Trade Minister

Sir Donald III said:
Well, Japan is "The Land of the Rising Sun."

So looking at our start position, I'd say the Sun rises in the West and sets in the East.

But it'd look the same to us since in-game we're in the Southern Hemisphere. Albiet barely.

And I'll abstain from any "Calender establishment based on solar positioning" questions until we have discovered Mathematics.

The sun rises in the west and sets in the east anywhere on earth, except the north pole, there it would just rise and set in the south :crazyeye:.

I'm not sure why DaveShack chose to go 17 turns, but I think one reason was that there were "no rules about not playing 10 turns".

Top Bottom