New Unit: Stephen Hawking

Dom Pedro II

Modder For Life
One of the greatest scientists of our time. Intended to be used as a Modern Scientific Leader graphic.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Kinboat for making the chair. He went above and beyond the call of duty. For those who don't know Poser, it might seem trivial, but he made it so that virtually everything on the chair moved and that's no small task. I'd also like to thank Rufus T. Firefly for editing one of the storyboards as well as helping work out the posture and costume for Professor Hawking.

Stephen Hawking Unit

Rufus's modified Joke Death animation and some sounds here: Download

Here is also a Joke Death animation included in this which I thought was funny...

Hawking Joke Death

I have also sent an e-mail to Dr. Hawking explaining the game and my intentions and the unit, and I will post his response here when I get it.

Most certainly would be very interesting to see his response... if he did indeed bother to respond.

I've edited the original post to include a much needed thank you to Kinboat.

I do imagine that Professor Hawking will respond, and it will probably be favorable. I mean, this is a man who was on the Simpsons and had a bet for a year's subscription to Penthouse on the issue of blackholes.

He's also been on Star trek: The Next Generation atleast once.

Oh, and looking good, Dom. And Ocedious, he isn't being abducted by aliens.. he is beign sucked into a black hole.

awesome! :D

Very cool! :D
if you ever decide to do an attack he should throw his laptop :lol:

EDIT: I've just noticed that the "joke death" isn't included in the zip :confused:

Awesome... Great blackhole :lol:

well done dom!
got to say its impressive his wheelchair can move as fast as a tank in civ. ;)
then again if HE designed it himself... hum.... :D

I don't know if the death animation is really in good taste. This unit is awesome but unlike most civ units it represents an actual person. Maybe you could just use the wormhole animation as a default?

Just IMHO of course.

Well, I realize that it is an actual living person, but we do need a death animation. And unfortunately, my options for other possible animations are rather limited due to his limited mobility.

As I said, I sent an e-mail to his people with all of the animated GIFs. If he doesn't have a problem with it, I see no reason why we should. And if he does, I'll remove it.

I can't wait to hear his reply. I've heard he's a nice guy and one with a sense of humor, I think he did a bit on Conan O'Brian.

Top Bottom