***Unit Request Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Womoks

Chieftain
Colonel Kraken has submitted a nice idea:

Why don't putting all unit request in the same thread ?
I think it's a very practical idea, all units creators could easily check the wishes of all civ-fans , more efficients responses and no more redundant demands . I think it would be great for both mod-makers and graphic-creators. What do you think ? ( If the concept suits you , maybe the webmaster could put this thread always-on-top ?)

Maybe we could give a special form for the following posts; with a "period" title ( wwII, fantasy, medieval , modern etc...) and a short description of the in game use ( bombard, recon, settler etc...)
waiting for your suggestions , tchô!

If everyone would like to do this then it would be fine....but it might get unweildy after a while. We will see.

Modern Unit

Request: Self Propelled Artillery, Generic Version

Unit: Artillery

Description: I am describing the more modern varients of the Self Propelled Artillery such as the M109A6 Paladin 155mm (US), M2001 Crusader 155mm (US), MSTA S 2S19 152mm (Russian), AS90 155mm (UK), Caesar 155mm (France), Rascal 155mm (Isreal), or the G6 155mm (South Africa). As you can see they are fairly wide spread amongst a host of different nations. They usually have a range between 24 - 30 km. Beyond thier main armament they also usually have a 7.62 MG varient for small arms defense. I feel they represent modern artillery better then the Radar artillery currently present in the game.

Comments: This request has already been accepted by Dark Sheer, but his version is that of the earlier WWII varients from Germany. I would like to see the a more modern version if at all possible, and besides Dark Sheer is one popular cat with a whole lot already on his plate. So to lessen his burdan i'm posting this just in case he ends up gettting overwhelmed.

Pictures:

M109A6 Paladin (US)

M2001 Crusader (US)

MSTA S 2S19 (Russia)

AS90 (UK)

Caesar (France)

Rascal (Isreal)

G6 (South Africa)

This has probably been mentioned many times but I would just love to see an armoured personnel vehical. Maybe one like the M706 commando or the Daimler reconnacance (spelling?) vehicals.
If this request is answered try to make it so it holds, give or take, six units (more give than take).:cool:

A unit I would like to see is a big rig semi tractor trailor like the freight in Civ2. and also a camel caravan type unit. the purpose of each unit is to rush build wonders.

J-S created an APC unit check it out here

here is an image of the M706 Commando

Attachments

• m-706.jpg
    m-706.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 3,267
This isn't a unit request, but it does require a .flc, and your units look FANTASTIC!

I was wondering if perhaps you could redo Catherine the Great to look a little younger? Being an old fart she just isn't as threatening as a fiery, beautiful and young Czarina :love:.

I and I think many others here would be immensly grateful if you could do that.

Modern Unit

Request: Hokum or Havok Attack Helicopter, Russian

Unit: Air

Description: I am describing the newest helicopters slated for production within Russia. Some already exist in operation but their numbers are to small as of yet for mass combat use. However they are the most advanced Rotary vehicles around today.

Comments: I'm not lookign for both to be made, but rather one for a unique unit for Russia. They have always been the leader of Rotary aircraft.

Ka-50/Ka-52 Hokum (NATO designation Black Wolf/Black Shark): This is a double rotary helicopter that uses no tail rotar to ensure stabilization. This makes the helipcopter much more combat effective since the tail is the most vulnerable part of the vehicle. It can carry 2 tons worth of armament and is one of the most heavily armed helicopters in the world. The Ka-50 model (Black Wolf) is a single seat helicopter, the Ka-52 model (Black Shark) is a double seater.

Mi-28A/N Havoc (Havoc is the NATO Designation): This is a conventional design for Helicopters with a single main rotar and a rear rotar for stabilization. However it has an enlarged capability for carrying armament. It can carry a larger variety of weapons then the Ka-50/52 and can carry more of them. Both of these models are competing for the contract for the next generation heavy attack helicopter in Russia. However it is under scrutiny by NATO as to wether Russia will purchase both, one under cover and viel since each differ highly in design and capabilities.

Ka-50 Hokum (Black Wolf)

Ka-52 Hokum (Black Shark)

Mi-28A/N Havoc

2 Scipio Africanu
Thanks from Russian people for Helicopters, but helicopters isn't all what game needed there's some aircrafts: Su-27, Mig-29 - fighters, and Su-25 - fighter-bomber.

Oh my best idea is made mech drone - battle robot! After researching Robotics, Computers, Lasers and Smart weapon technologies you can create this robot killers... Fast, deadly, futuristic, really FUTURE weapon!

If somebody have animation of running robot in 8 positions. I can create cool unit! Please attach animation in this thread.

Now I'm working on F-16. I'm making really cool fighter! I wish to end this unit soon - on this week :egypt:

great , this thread is growing ...and some interesting units to make :)
Thanks for the photos , Scipio, it would be usefull.
i'm working on a self-propelled artillery ( a WWII one and a modern one ) and i have quite finished a futuristic hover-tank ( see preview in my "new units previews" post )

yipe :crazyeye:

Hello Womoks,

first of all I wanna say that your work is awsome.

My Request: Jedi Knight.

Unit: Foot

Attachments

• jedi.jpg
    jedi.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 3,625
lol ! Why a cow ? are you making a "civ-farm" mod ?
hummm...Babe , king of the pigs , demands you 150 units of food and the upgraded dirt swamp tecnology, huhuhu , his request is renforced by the presence of mad cow attack...:crazyeye:

finally i will make a Jedi cow ... ok, sorry , i think i better go to sleep ...

Thanks Womaks for making those self-propelled artillery :). I bet they will be awe-inspiring :). To Infernal Knight I believe the Jet Fighter already present in CivIII is based upon the Mig-29 Falcrum. Here's a few pictures so you know what I mean.

What, haven't you guys read that Roman story thread on Apolyton.com about Battle Cows???? :crazyeye: It's by Grundel I think, it's hilarious...

Anyway....

Inbeetween playing Civ III i play a game called Cosmic Rift a nice little free game found at: cosmicrift.station.sony.com anyways could you make some spaceships based on these ships :confused: :cool: :D :crazyeye:

Edit: Yuck, lets try that agian

Edit agian: OH stuff it, it can stay ugly :(

Attachments

• rt background1.jpg
    rt background1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,982
:eek: omg, you are very very talented!! i noticed that someone put up a request for jedi unit up a few post, and i was wondering if you like making cool units, why don't you check out the star-wars mod and offer to make few units? they are always looking for more ppl since the mod requires extensive work with so many new units needed, terrain graphics etc.....neways, keep the great work....:goodjob: :goodjob:

below is the link to the star-wars mod page...enjoy!

http://www.strategyplanet.com/civilization/starwars/index.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom