Japanese UHV

Barak

Emperor
How do we know if there is any foreign culture in the home islands? Also, what constitutes the home islands?

In my current game as Japan, I control Kyoto, Tokyo, Kagoshima and Sapporo on the home islands, with my culture encompassing all the territory of the islands. Each city claims 100% Japanese culture, yet i lost the UVH requirement of 100% culture in home islands.

Thoughts?

Every tile, not every city.

I suspect this one might be buggy. I had a game where I blew away the Chinese and no one ever got close to the home islands, but I still "lost" this one. My 5th and 6th cities were a settler in Korea and taking over Chinese Shandung, which was a double-holy city, so I have no idea where the foreign culture could come from, unless Taiwan counts.

Considering that it is not possible to stop the spread of culture, unless you can stop the chinese from cettling cities prior to the founding of Japan, this is a hard one to do.

you can always start as china and cripple them until japan spawns... (it's not ethic, I'd never do something like that)

Does Okinawa count? China sometimes gets culture on that, even though I constantly raid their coastal cities (they usually have no navy).

SilverKnight

I'm going to play again today and see if I can figure out why it didn't work in my first game.

it's Taiwan in the UHV? I often have Japan under full cultural contole, but not Taiwan, resulting in a big fat NO for the UHV.

Well judging by "No. it's main japanese islands", I don't think so.

well, then it could be a bug, as i often have the japanese islands under full cultural contole, but i get often a NO for the UHV.

What is the purpose of this goal anyway? It should force the player to behave like historical Japan did. But you can't really bias the culture in your homeland. The only thing you can do is raze Chinese coastal towns or just conquer China. Is this historical?

Maybe the game reads it as "No foreign culture in Japan before 1700"?

thank you very much, Tom Veil.

I found 3 bugs!
From now on it will work.

Surtur said:
What is the purpose of this goal anyway? It should force the player to behave like historical Japan did. But you can't really bias the culture in your homeland. The only thing you can do is raze Chinese coastal towns or just conquer China. Is this historical?

Spoiler :

The only real place subject to foreign influence is one plot in the south, close to Korea.
The check of foreign presence is limited no major civs. No barbarians, no minor civs.
So, you just have to make sure neither China and Mongolia colonize Korea. It's your job. That's what Japan historically did (Korea was a Japanese colony)

Excellent!

In my japan game, China did get culture in the home islands from Hangzou. I have Kyoto and Kagoshima built, yet China earned about 1800 culture on the incense square as of 1700. This is the only square on the islands that earned any Chinese culture.

Top Bottom