25% Eurekas and inspirations

25% Eurekas and inspirations 0.2

Alesque

Chieftain
Alesque submitted a new resource:

25% Eurekas and inspirations - Reduces the boosts from eurekas and inspirations from 50% to 25%.

Features :
- Reduces all eurekas and inspirations to 25%.
- (Optional) You can change the value 25 if you want by editing the file EurekaAndInspirations25p.sql from this mod.
Go to line 4 and change Boost='25' to Boost='10' if you want to try 10% for instance.

Installation :
1. Copy the EurekaAndInspirations25p folder in your mod folder. The path to your mod folder should look like this :
C:\Users\YOUR_NAME_HERE\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization...

Read more about this resource...

This mod is literally a one-liner, so there's not much that could possibly go wrong.
Code:
UPDATE Boosts SET Boost='25';

If anyone plays with reduced Eurekas and Inspirations, what are your impressions? I'm using 20% and I get out-teched by the AI at an alarming rate on Prince difficulty. Almost as if the AI, which is too dumb to go for eurekas and inspirations, always gets a flat ~40-45% bonus to research speed for tech and civics.

Well, I tried it for a few turns, just to see if it works and did not noticed any problem.
But I'd like to hear Alesque about your question since I intend to play my next game with his mod.

It was just a one-time observation of mine, I couldn't repeat it. I think I was just not playing as good that time (too many barb problems, expansion not fast enough).
I stick with my assumption that the AI is too dumb to go for Eurekas and Inspirations though, so I wouldn't be surprised if the AI gets some bonus - beyond what they get from difficulty level - to compensate for that. I just wonder how much.

I stick as well :) I would be surprised if the AI makes decisions taking into account eurekas and inspirations to come.
In fact the whole story is to slow a bit research in order to avoid flying a jet around the 17th century... Therefore, apart from your last question, another is : AI's eurekas and inspirations are they reduced as well ?

Top Bottom