Which movie(s) have you seen lately? - Episode IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Parkin

aka emperor
Link to the previous thread.

Saw Delta Farce just recently, just for the sake of it. Wasn't expecting much, since most of the reviews thrashed it. As expected, it turned out to be a pretty ridiculous movie. Though I have to admit, there were a few moments in there where I had a bit of a chuckle at the sheer silliness of it.

Not abysmal, but not great. Maybe a 4/10.

Is Chuck in that? If so, I'd up the score a little just to be safe.

I expect it will be hard to type a correction after Chuck has broken his fingers with an expertly placed roundhouse.

Be kind rewind was not any kind of good.

Is Chuck in that? If so, I'd up the score a little just to be safe.
Nope, he's in Delta Force. This was Delta Farce, a (fairly lame) parody. ;)

Saw Steven Kings Desperation. The beginning was very good and it looked like a promising movie. It went downhill though.

Jumper. Interesting premise, but a below average movie.

I tried watching Shark in Venice, but could not bear the awfulness of it

I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night. Not what I was expecting (or hoping) to see - a lot more romance, a lot less history. I thought it went on too long as well (not running time, although it was nearly 3 hours, but the number of years over which it took place). But it was pretty good.

Just saw Pineapple Express, and I thought it was quite good.

Link to the previous thread.

Saw Delta Farce just recently, just for the sake of it. Wasn't expecting much, since most of the reviews thrashed it. As expected, it turned out to be a pretty ridiculous movie. Though I have to admit, there were a few moments in there where I had a bit of a chuckle at the sheer silliness of it.

Not abysmal, but not great. Maybe a 4/10.

A 4/10? What the . .. .. .. . are you smoking? More like a -20k/10.

Anyways, just saw A Time to Kill and Men in Black (again). Time to Kill was amazing, and Will Smith was as cool as ever.

A 4/10? What the . .. .. .. . are you smoking? More like a -20k/10.
You have to be in the right mood for it, I think. Just like any other poor movie. At most other times I may well have just switched it off, but I was in a lazy and slightly juvenile mindset at the time. ;)

Lust, caution by Ang Lee, with Joan Chen. Great movie, beautifully shot, fine acting performances, compelling story. Centers on the Chinese resistance movement against the Japanese occupation, or rather the Chinese puppet-government, following the experiences of a group of young students.:goodjob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom