5-million-something Research Cap?

Potentate

Chieftain
Alright, so, I'm playing on the latest SVN version of the game, and I've honestly used WorldBuilder to set settings in order to experiment with the game. I've started at the Medieval Era, and I'm almost at Industrial. Thing is, I've created so many buildings and bonuses, that my research point rate per turn has reached about 5-million something. So big, that anything beyond that and the research goes DOWN.

Is this intended?

For a Medieval start, who knows? We don't really recommend starting in the later Eras because the premise of the Mod is start in preh era. And there is some work iirc that is not finished for starting in later Eras to be scaled and balanced.

Now, is Tech Diffusion On or Off? How many neighbors do you have if TD is ON? How many World or National Wonders did you give yourself? Is the AI close to your research rate/level at this 5 million/turn?

I personally have Never seen that high a number Ever since the Mod started over 7+ years ago. I have reached the 10K/turn sometime ago when I could get games to last into the late Ren Era. As most game are determined by then If you are a war monger/conquer it all type player, not every player is though.

JosEPh

Alright, so, I'm playing on the latest SVN version of the game, and I've honestly used WorldBuilder to set settings in order to experiment with the game. I've started at the Medieval Era, and I'm almost at Industrial. Thing is, I've created so many buildings and bonuses, that my research point rate per turn has reached about 5-million something. So big, that anything beyond that and the research goes DOWN.

Is this intended?

Sounds as if the map is so large you've exceeded the integer limit on your research rate and are now into completely random number territory. Which will eventually crash the game.

Sounds as if the map is so large you've exceeded the integer limit on your research rate and are now into completely random number territory. Which will eventually crash the game.

What I'm asking is, is there any way to increase integer limit on research, or at least find a way to fix the problem?

If it's in the game engine and not available to mod then no. We have run into integer limits before with this mod.

JosEPh

What I'm asking is, is there any way to increase integer limit on research, or at least find a way to fix the problem?

One of the many things we need additional programming assistance to resolve. I'm sure there's a way but it's going to take some innovation.

Top Bottom