6 player FFA game thread--invite only

I can wait and start later...don't want to go too late tho. I'll check in about 8:30pm local.

ps. nice touch with the chinese characters, Islandia. Are they accurate or just random?

ps. nice touch with the chinese characters, Islandia. Are they accurate or just random?

I can confirm they are accurate :) wondering how he gets that, using google translator?

I guess he did not want to reveal where his production centre is or which unit he is using. Hey, Elizabth knew how to read Chinese characters....These intel can only be decoded by the English people... Lol

If we are only doing an hour it is not worth interrupting my sleep. Let's try for Friday? You can type in Chinese directly in windows with pinyin.

Ok...i will probably be really tired too. I didn't sleep very well this week and did a lot of work/things.

I'm up for the next day instead....in like 29 hours. No overtime tomorrow i should be ok.

Tomorrow sounds good for me

Tomorrow should work for me.

Tomorrow is fine, maybe we can have longer session tomorrow? Like 2.5 hrs

9 hours away! I'm happy to go longer, too.

Only managed to get to about turn 140, what with three loads to start (the missing GP), then the two out of synchs, and war, too.

The Persian-Chinese War has gone from hot to cold and back to hot again. Hard to tell from overseas, but it seems to be a stalemate.

Washington has enjoyed a golden age, building Hagia Sohpia, and producing a couple of brilliant engineers, who in turn designed a glorious cathedral and a massive stone temple to keep the people joyful and breeding. Our lands have been visited by the Siamese, while Indian boats have charted our coasts. Our fat and indolent generals are clamouring for more funds to be appropriated for our outdated military and navy, that they might protect our shores from envious foreigners.

-----

Hopefully the OOSs (out of syncs) don't get more frequent.

Next session: Saturday / Friday PST, a whole week away??

Up to 140 turns
This is the most eventful turn in English history comparing to other great nations in the world.Two Great People have arrived at the same turn, with one GS and one GM. Although the GM was unexpected, on second thought, it might be a great source of quick cash to the central bank. The GS will be called upon next turn after the discovery of Astronomy. It is a relief to the English leader that several centuries of cash saving and inferior-fleet construction may finally pay off. Just one turn before, the English people finally finish the path of Honour after taking one small detour to the Commerce tree for a little boost of cash.

However, the future of the English people is unclear. There is rumour that their historical decedents have constructed the largest empire on its own continent with superior lead on technology. There is also rumour that the military might of some nation is skyrocketing in just a few turns. Within the same continent, bilateral trade between Siam and India seems to be beneficial to both nations greatly, while English people have to turn down several requests for scientific collaboration in order to preserve the hard earned cash. England is now at the bottom of every aspect, even worse than the assessment last time. The English leader looks at the Indian sea and says to himself: perhaps the centuries of peace shall no longer be affordable. The history must repeat itself! :nuke:

I'm flexible on the day you guys chosen.

I double checked the two great people at the same turn, the slot has been set to 300, so it should not be a bug, but I wish no GM but one more GS in 33 turns. Guess that will be delayed.

Can't we play between Wed-Fri again? I'm ok with next weekend as well though.

I'm happy to play again sooner...but based on the fact that another game tonight (the day after) seemed too soon, and Brenador can't do our Mon/Wed, and you and me can't do our Tues, and Thurs is not convenient for Brenador...it seemed like...

oh maybe I meant to suggest Friday / Thurs PST? Or maybe that was the less convenient day for Brenador. I'm not sure now.

In any case, we can play sooner if everyone agrees. But I had the impression Friday our time would be the soonest it really works for everyone.

Which is best? Friday (Thurs PST) OR Sat (Fri PST)?

Washington has received a most unusual scroll from over the water, in which a foreign nation somehow claims to be our ancestor. This nation also has made no secret of its plans, going to great lengths to reach the technology of navigation, which our soothsayers have told us, in their hands, can be a very dangerous technology, indeed! One of our soothsayers has even been troubled in her dreams by visions of their Great Merchant founding something called a company in the Indian lands, with disturbing nightmares that all of this has already happened, and not gone very well, with nations torn asunder, religious strife, and ultimately very cheap call centers.... :p

Shall we plan on Friday (Thurs PST) then? That way, we could always play once more during the weekend, if that works for everyone.

Once more I'd prefer Sat (Fri PST) over Friday (Thurs PST). It will be a stretch on that day to get home by 11.

How about Thursday (Wed PST)? Maybe ask too much from Brenador again, but if he opts out Thurs (Wed PST), we have to settle on Sat (Fri PST). Right?

Top Bottom