A Civ of Ice and Fire Mod

It looks really nice !! :clap:
Please, fell free to use the icons and wonderspash I create for the MOD, they are specially made for Westeros.

Spoiler :

I don't have all the DLC so I will probably miss some change you made...
To use the mod I had to desactivate the dependencies and reloadunitsystem (I don't think it's necessary for now, since there is no new unit art).

A lot of people don't have all the DLC, I suggest to make it available for the most in a next version.
What special content did you use in the DLC ? Maybe I can help to find another content. :)

A little change is needed to properly see "the others".

Spoiler :

<PortraitIndex>5</PortraitIndex>
<IconAtlas>UNIT_ATLAS_1</IconAtlas>

must be change to :
Spoiler :

<IconAtlas>MOD_COLOR_ATLAS_UNITS</IconAtlas>
<PortraitIndex>8</PortraitIndex>

I don't have all the DLC so I will probably miss some change you made...
To use the mod I had to desactivate the dependencies and reloadunitsystem (I don't think it's necessary for now, since there is no new unit art).

A lot of people don't have all the DLC, I suggest to make it available for the most in a next version.
What special content did you use in the DLC ? Maybe I can help to find another content. :)

I know a lot of people don't have the DLC and when I have time I am going to update the vanilla version. But a) I wanted to get religions in there, and b) I wanted to tap a lot of the models available through the DLC. This would be less of an issue if I could get my Nexus working right as I would start pumping out custom models for everything. I would much rather use custom model art but such is life. Yeah I had that reload unit system on as I was loading in a test unit before but it wasn't mine, and then I left it on in anticipation of putting in my dragon but haven't gotten to do that yet.

G&K provide the religion system and a lot of unit art (including danish berzeker, saxon huscarl, gadrauhts swordman). I was more talking about the others DLC. ;)

I'd really love to try this mod out and I have all the DLC. Whenever I try to load it tho, i get a missing dependencies error.

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

EDIT: this seems to be happening only with this mod, not other dlc dependent ones

I'd really love to try this mod out and I have all the DLC. Whenever I try to load it tho, i get a missing dependencies error.

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

EDIT: this seems to be happening only with this mod, not other dlc dependent ones

I'm not sure why that would be happening to you :sad:, you can unload the dependencies by going to the mod folder, opening up the modinfo file, and deleting the following lines:
<Dependencies>
<Dlc id="0E3751A1-F840-4e1b-9706-519BF484E59D" minversion="0" maxversion="999" />
<Dlc id="293C1EE3-1176-44f6-AC1F-59663826DE74" minversion="0" maxversion="999" />
<Dlc id="B3030D39-C0D8-4bc7-91B1-7AD1CAF585AB" minversion="0" maxversion="999" />
<Dlc id="B685D5DE-7CCA-4e75-81B4-2F60754E6330" minversion="0" maxversion="999" />
<Dlc id="ECF7C605-BA11-4CAC-8D80-D71306AAC471" minversion="0" maxversion="999" />
<Dlc id="7459BA32-5764-44ae-8E95-01AD0E0EFD48" minversion="0" maxversion="999" />
<Dlc id="112C22B2-5308-42b6-B734-171CCAB3037B" minversion="0" maxversion="999" />
<Dlc id="BBB0D085-A0B1-4475-B007-3E549CF3ADC3" minversion="0" maxversion="999" />
</Dependencies>.

Are you sure you have everything? It requires the following:
  • G&K Expansion
  • Harald Bluetooth's Denmark
  • Isabella's Spain and Pachacuti's Incan Empire
  • Kamehameha's Polynesian Empire
  • Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon
  • Sejong The Great's Korea
  • Wonders of the Ancient World
  • Genghis Khan's Mongolia

Please let me know if it works out for you.

I removed those lines from the modinfo file and it works fine now. Thanks.
I do have all the needed dlc
I also noticed my config.ini file does not have that last played civ line you said needed to be change, I wonder if that is somehow related?

Anyway, thanks
I'll keep checking back, mod is pretty cool so far.

Hey I have some problems with the mod :(
First of all when I first try to run the scenario I get only one random civ and I can only play as Robb but that's not a big problem at all because when I try again I can play as any civ.
The big problem is that when I try to load a saved game using the mod the game crashes. :( Can I get some help? :)

Does anybody know the map neccesary to play ezraingram´s ice and fire mod? , because when i choose the mod and i have to select a map i don´t find anymap of westeros :( .

Hey I have some problems with the mod :(
First of all when I first try to run the scenario I get only one random civ and I can only play as Robb but that's not a big problem at all because when I try again I can play as any civ.
The big problem is that when I try to load a saved game using the mod the game crashes. :( Can I get some help? :)

Does anybody know the map neccesary to play ezraingram´s ice and fire mod? , because when i choose the mod and i have to select a map i don´t find anymap of westeros :( .

Okay guys, sorry I thought I was more clear about this in my release notes. I am still updating the scenario. The old scenario is all that is packaged with the mod right now and it is from the vanilla version of this mod. You can play it, but it may not work just right for you (as we have seen). But, my goal was to focus more on a complete game overhaul than the scenario this time around. Sorry for the wait on this.

Qves, I don't know why that happens to you. Does the crashing happen when you play the mod without the scenario?

Leka, the map is in a map folder within the aCoIaF mod's folder so if you want to use it you can drop it into your main maps folder. When I get the scenario itself updated then I will set it up so it does that automatically.

Thanks!, i´m playing your mod and it´s great! ;) .

If you want i can tell you where i would improve the game and where it seems to be perfect ;) .

Great mod, as a long time fan of ASoIaF I see lots of potential with this.
A couple non-sense CPU related do happen but I guess there is nothing you can do about it (Robb attacking Jon, Stannis forming an alliance with Cersei)

My suggestion with this is, once you are done with the missing civs, to focus the scenario mostly in the war and politics than city founding/wonder bulding.
You could give each faction 5 or 6 cities, disable city building and city razing so the only real way to expand is via conquest.

For example each civ could start with:

Nigth Watch (Jon)
- Castle Black
- Shadow Tower
- Eastwatch-by-the-Sea
- Mole`s Town
- Fist of the First Men (north of the wall...you can make it extremelly hard to keep agaisnt wildlings)

Stark (Robb)
- Winterfell
- Thorren Square
- Moat Cailin
- Withe Harbour
- Hornwood

Arryn (Littlefinger or Robert)
- The Eyrie
- Gulltown
- Redfort
- Sunkenwood
- Baelish Keep

Tully (Edmure Tully)
- Riverrun
- Varamar
- Pinkmaiden
- Saltpans
- Acorn Hall

Greyjoy (Asha or Euron)
- Pike
- Ten Towers
- Banefort
- The Crag

Lannister
- King's Landing
- Casterly Rock
- Lannisport
- Castamere
- Duskendale
- Darry

Baratheon (Stannis)
- Dragonstone
- Storm's End
- Stonedance
- Evenfall Hall (not really Stannis' but was allied with Renly)

Tyrell (Mace)
- Highgarden
- Bitterbridge
- Old Oak
- Goldengrove
- Summerhall

Martell (Doran)
- Sunspear
- Sandstone
- Starfall
- Oldtown
- Sunflower Hall

Targayren (Dany)
- Astapor
- Yunkai
- Mereen
- Vaes Talorro

Citystates:
- House Frey
- House Bolton
- House Tarly
- House Mormont
- Harrenhal (for all the times it switched sides)
- All of the Essos free cities: Bravoos, Lorath, Volantis, Norvos, Pentos, Myr, Tyrosh, Lys, Qohor, Lhazar, Qarth, Yi Ti, Asshai
- Craster's Keep

Likewise you can make the most iconics wonders already in place, Castle Black starts with the Wall, Kings Landing Starts with the Iron Throne and Sept of Baelor, etc.
Of course this would mean having city-states with wonders that are not actually playable. Bravoos would have the Titan, the Iron Bank and the House of Black and White.

Also you can make religions already founded and in place, the north is strong with the old gods, the south with the seven, Pyke being the holy city of the Drowned god, Stannins has R'hllor etc.

That's just a couple suggestion...there are lots more ways to expand this scenario

I just wanted to ask if this will be uploaded on the Steam Workshop when it's complete? I, for one, would be very happy to see it there.

Also, any chance of some smaller mods that just change the flags and icons so people could use them in more simple scenarios?

Qves, I don't know why that happens to you. Does the crashing happen when you play the mod without the scenario?

It didn't work. :c
Btw I don't run it on steam (my game is torrented),so I had to skip a step when installing the latest version. I know that a lot of people will be like if you like the game buy it but I can't,this game with all its DLCs would be too much for me,I'm from Hungary I don't have as much money as Americans or something,so please don't start hating because of that.:sad:

Thanks Erudian I definitely consider making a lot of those changes when I get a chance to update the mod again. Right now I am working with a team on a new project with Firaxis, so this is on hold (possibly till the end of the semester), sorry.

As for you Qves, perhaps if you remove the compatibility requirements from the modinfo file you will be able to run it without a crash. However, it seems unlikely that is causing the problem if you have the content. It isn't as though the files are different. It is probably linked in some way to the fact that it is a cracked copy though. I'm not hating, but I won't jeopardize my friendship with my 2K and Firaxis peeps by looking to solve problems associated with running cracked versions, again I apologize.

BTW Erudian (and all who are interested) I will be adding new Civs (Tyrells, Martells, Arryn, and Tully) in the next iteration. Also, time permitting, I should be able to remove a lot of the dependencies by including my own models. However, it will still require G&K because I want to keep religions.

Yeah religions is an important part in ASoIaF so G&K will be a must...

BTW Erudian (and all who are interested) I will be adding new Civs (Tyrells, Martells, Arryn, and Tully) in the next iteration. Also, time permitting, I should be able to remove a lot of the dependencies by including my own models. However, it will still require G&K because I want to keep religions.

Sounds great! Looking forward to it!:goodjob:

Top Bottom