A New Dawn Beta Builds

I think this is wrong in the CIV4EraInfos.xml
<iResearchPercent>50</iResearchPercent>
<!-- BBAI start: effectively modify cost for all techs from this era. Default: 0 -->
<iTechCostModifier>0</iTechCostModifier>
<!-- BBAI end -->

Pretty sure it should be iResearch 100 ITechCostModifier 50
The iResearch is for Advanced start im pretty sure, so if you start in Ancient your tech will cost 50% less for the rest of the game, whereas the iTechCostModifier affects the cost per era.
That is my understanding.

Also in the CIV4HandicapInfo.xml Noble has this (which is AI):
<iHealthBonus>2</iHealthBonus>
<iHappyBonus>4</iHappyBonus>
Emperor has this:

I think you should change it to this.
NOBLE
:health:6
:)6
PRINCE
:health:5
MONARCH
:health:4
EMPEROR
:)5

I think this is wrong in the CIV4EraInfos.xml
<iResearchPercent>50</iResearchPercent>
<!-- BBAI start: effectively modify cost for all techs from this era. Default: 0 -->
<iTechCostModifier>0</iTechCostModifier>
<!-- BBAI end -->

Pretty sure it should be iResearch 100 ITechCostModifier 50
The iResearch is for Advanced start im pretty sure, so if you start in Ancient your tech will cost 50% less for the rest of the game, whereas the iTechCostModifier affects the cost per era.
That is my understanding.

Also in the CIV4HandicapInfo.xml Noble has this (which is AI):
Emperor has this:

I think you should change it to this.
NOBLE
:health:6
PRINCE
:health:5
MONARCH
EMPEROR
:)5

iTechCostModifier was set to 0 on all eras because RoM tech costs were adjusted each by hand in previous versions (from RoM changelog, should be the same for AND, never had a problem with it); iResearchpercent correctly is the multiplier of the tech cost for the entire game.
I'm also working on Handicapinfo, will correct this as well, thank you. :)

Is there any way we could ramp up the autonomous corporations, make it so they had leaders (CEO's) that we could meet with and issue proposals?

Minos

Is there any way we could ramp up the autonomous corporations, make it so they had leaders (CEO's) that we could meet with and issue proposals?

Minos

That would be great imo, but I frankly don't know where to start to make such a thing possible. I guess it's far beyond my ability.

They would effectively need to be civs but without Cities or units. They would need to be able to perform certain negotiated actions like lending and receiving loans as well as the ability to sign trade embargos to stop their corporation from trading in certain civilisations. I'll look into it.

Sounds like a Modmod to me.

JosEPh

@45*38'N,

Tested SVN access by making several small adjustments to Gov't Civic Fascist. SVN 589

Will be looking into Leader traits, specifically Seafaring and Deceiver. IF (Big IF) any changes made will note in SVN.

Will also be looking into complaint about Civic Caste.

Getting my feet wet finally. Any concerns let me know.

JosEPh :)

Would it be possible that when firing nukes at an enemies lands, when there are friendly units in the area instead of not being able to do it we get a message saying 'There maybe collateral damage amongst our allies do you wish to continue yes/no' and if the attack goes ahead it just damages relations?

Would it be possible that when firing nukes at an enemies lands, when there are friendly units in the area instead of not being able to do it we get a message saying 'There maybe collateral damage amongst our allies do you wish to continue yes/no' and if the attack goes ahead it just damages relations?

I was asking for this feature a long time ago, but it has never been added to AND. IIRC, there was a mod that allowed to nuke anywhere, but I don't know if/how it can be added to AND2. Moreover, damaging relations in case the attack goes on it's not necessary as it's already included in the game: if you attack Player A who has open borders or right of passage with Player B, you already get a penalty "You nuked our friend!" with Player B: there's no need of additional penalties in my view.

@45*38'N,

Tested SVN access by making several small adjustments to Gov't Civic Fascist. SVN 589

Will be looking into Leader traits, specifically Seafaring and Deceiver. IF (Big IF) any changes made will note in SVN.

Will also be looking into complaint about Civic Caste.

Getting my feet wet finally. Any concerns let me know.

JosEPh :)

I have no objectons :)

Great!

Started a new thread for Tile Improvements to gather some ideas/data.

I guess I better put something in my sig line about being a Member of the AND Resurection Team. ;)
JosEPh

Would it be possible for different civilisations to have different currencies which were linked through an exchange rate mechanism?

I have no idea. But what would be the purpose?

It might be possible to make a building for each Civ to simulate a currency for that Civ. But Gold and Commerce deal with that now.

Again. what would be the underlying purpose or goal?

JosEPh

More complex economic integration. A new victory condition based on cornering the global currency market, the forging of trading zones with fiscal benefits for those trading with particular currencies, adopting a currency in a similar fashion to civics and religions. A foreign exchange building with the possibility of generating money through tourism through having a weak currency which traded well in the foreign exchange and of course the possibility of the collapse of a currency.

Basically I would love to make late game economy much more complex. Why not have the IMF function as an independent entity, each civ could opt to pay money into it, this money could then be used to issue loans to less well off countries.

Any chance we can make Corporations dissolve and breakdown into a number of smaller companies?

Any chance we can make Corporations dissolve and breakdown into a number of smaller companies?

Looks too complex to realize right now to me. It could work as a modmod if someone is able to do it.

Merry Christmas to you too! :thanx:

JosEPh :old::snowlaugh:

Top Bottom