A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
The city star is green, which means it's not stagnant.

As long as I don't try to double click the city to bring up city screen I can advance turns. I can bring my warriors to fortify and to leave again. And all my Civics are beginning Civics and I'm not in anarchy that I know of.

Added info of dubious quality, but. In five more turns the Fire Pit went from 7080370 to 7080369 turns to build.

JosEPh

I've struck a similar bug in one of my games. But it was one city in 50+ and it only affected the one build. I just ignored that build, and built every thing else in normal times. No freezing from accessing the city, no other problems.

I think it was a stone mason or carpenter, an early build.

I assumed it was just a "memory glitch" that thought the city was in perpetual anarchy for that build.

Otherwise the city performed perfectly.

I've struck a similar bug in one of my games. But it was one city in 50+ and it only affected the one build. I just ignored that build, and built every thing else in normal times. No freezing from accessing the city, no other problems.

I think it was a stone mason or carpenter, an early build.

I assumed it was just a "memory glitch" that thought the city was in perpetual anarchy for that build.

Otherwise the city performed perfectly.

Trouble is this is my Only city and I can't get access to the city screen to change the build. So I'm Stuck.

JosEPh

Trouble is this is my Only city and I can't get access to the city screen to change the build. So I'm Stuck.

JosEPh
Have you tried changing production from outside the city (click on city's name)?

As long as I don't try to double click the city to bring up city screen I can advance turns. I can bring my warriors to fortify and to leave again. And all my Civics are beginning Civics and I'm not in anarchy that I know of.

Added info of dubious quality, but. In five more turns the Fire Pit went from 7080370 to 7080369 turns to build.

JosEPh

I can't debug it tonight, but I grabbed your save and will fire up a proper debug environment and get to the bottom of it tomorrow.

Usually on a hard freeze, you can compile a debug DLL and find the issue pretty quickly.
I've already done that but there is no Exception error (except some free.c errors that i have some time while debugging which I don't understand.)

I've already done that but there is no Exception error (except some free.c errors that i have some time while debugging which I don't understand.)

You have to intentionally cause the infinite loop with a debug dll and debugger attached, and then in Visual Studio, break the execution. This will throw you somewhere random. Switch back to the main thread. The stack you see will probably not be the root cause, but be close.

Let execution resume, and break it again. Repeat the previous steps, until you narrow down where the function is that is triggering the infinite loop.

That's my general process for debugging C++ infinite loops. It's an art, not an exact science. It can take hours. I spent all day once fixing the "Waiting for turn" infinite loop a few years back.

Thank you for the advice, i'll try that!

I can't debug it tonight, but I grabbed your save and will fire up a proper debug environment and get to the bottom of it tomorrow.

I got past it by clicking the Green star which brought up the city screen and build list.

Fire Pit is listed as needing 7080370 turns while Elder Council only needs 10. After using the Ctrl button I inserted EC at top of list and then deleted Fire Pit. Now game proceeds correctly and I can double click the city tile and bring up City screen again as I'm used to doing.

So it would seem that Fire Pit is the cause.

Thank you for attention to this.

JosEPh :)

@Joseph: Is that black interface what you wanted ? If not, add the module "Interface" to the ML file in Modules (or just start the launcher once).

rev904: Unit sounds have disappeared. Selecting, combat... no sounds from any unit. Everything else works fine (religions, buildings being built, etc).

Yes I checked the audio options tab, everything is enabled.

@Joseph: Does the black interface was wanted ? If not, add the module "Interface" to the ML file in Modules (or just start the launcher once).

I started the launcher for that game to update my version to 902. I also updated again today. In the process my User Setting files were ALL changed (unwanted).

Also I believe the updater also reverts some of the Game Set Up Options every time you use it. I'm testing this now.

And finally thanks for the info on getting the default interface back, as I thought I had selected the Default.

JosEPh

No the launcher WON'T ever touch UserSettings. If it does, there is something wrong, like on Noyyau installation. Please compare upd_proc.exe with this one http://civ.afforess.com/repo/checker/upd_proc.exe. If different, just replaces.

It seems there is something wrong for those who are used to use SVN then switch to the launcher. For some reason, this file isn't updated on some SVN installation (that's why i don't like svn :)).

The launcher has an option to exclude files from update. All excluded files are in excluded.*.xml (in checker/). You may want to do a complete reinstall with the full build to try the launcher experience ^^

rev904: Unit sounds have disappeared. Selecting, combat... no sounds from any unit. Everything else works fine (religions, buildings being built, etc).
Please check the files in Assets\XML\Audio\.
Try to replace with these ones: http://civ.afforess.com/repo/Assets/XML/Audio/
Remember that the launcher now inject automatically Audio sounds from mods into the main files. You may have these files excluded or something like that.

No the launcher WON'T ever touch UserSettings. If it does, there is something wrong, like on Noyyau installation. Please compare upd_proc.exe with this one http://civ.afforess.com/repo/checker/upd_proc.exe. If different, just replaces.

It seems there is something wrong for those who are used to use SVN then switch to the launcher. For some reason, this file isn't updated on some SVN installation (that's why i don't like svn :)).

The launcher has an option to exclude files from update. All excluded files are in excluded.*.xml (in checker/). You may want to do a complete reinstall with the full build to try the launcher experience ^^

I keep the AND SVN so I can add things back in Or replace those that were changed and have a readily available source for previous SVN versions. I didn't change anything on the initial update though or even the update today thru the Launcher. Although I'm tempted to put back the Config.ini Enhanced Tech Conquest.

JosEPh

Does the black interface was wanted?

I think you meant "Is the (or that) black interface what you wanted?" You failed your Write English roll there. :)

I think you meant "Is the (or that) black interface what you wanted?" You failed your Write English roll there. :)
When I write in French, i'm absolutely cautious of any mistake, but when I write in English, I have sometimes the feeling that it is automatic, "brainless". I make huge mistakes that I fix only after a review of what I've written. But sometimes, I don't review. I deserve a 0/20 here :x Thank you.

When I write in French, i'm absolutely cautious of any mistake

Well, you don't want Les Immortels coming after you for profaning the language of God, now do you? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom