A nice little challenge

Crowpocalyptic1

Warlord
It took me a few times through to figure out the proper strategy to do this, but I finally did it tonight.

Get the One City Challenge acheivement while simultaneously getting the acheivement to stick with Despotism the entire game. (I actually got a third, which was the Economic victory on King or higher as well, but if you've already gotten that one, no need to worry)

Has anyone else managed this?

Unfortunately not, I have a PS3... Grr.

I´m envious on you XBOXers that have achievments. However, we get trophies to future PS3 games so I´ll stick to the PS3.

I did this the first try with Germany. (Got One City Challenge, Stick with Despotism and Win Cultural Victory on King or higher)

I did it on King difficulty, and found it rather too easy. with Germany's extra production bonus from forests, and the fact that you don't need to spend a lot of hammers on settlers/defense, I could easily rush Stonehenge and the Oracle easily. I got lucky and got the Pyramids for free (Didn't change government) but after that I had a easy tech lead because of the amount of great people, so it was an easy victory. Being Shakespeare's Theater helped get the GP's out quicker, along with only producing wonders, I won fairly quick. (Before 1800, not sure exactly when)

how does the one city challenge work exactly?
what happens if your culture flips a city? does that count against you?

how does the one city challenge work exactly?
what happens if your culture flips a city? does that count against you?

For the one city challenge, your enemies shouldn't be building cities too close to you, so culture flipping doesn't occur often. But if you happen to culture flip a city; don't worry, you can still get the achievement. You just can't build anything from the culture flipped city, and it will still give you the achievement. (I believe you're allowed to build settlers from that city, but I forget)

Yes, with the Romans. They're perfect for culture, I own with them on any level, and overall are awesome. I find the half cost wonder bonus helps in that. I used him on King the first time I bought the game (I played with him at a friend's house) and well, I got the achievement for winning cultural on King level, the achievement for winning with the romans, the no change government achievement, and the one city achievement. Fun fun ^__^

Top Bottom