A very basic question ?

frenchman

Present is past of future
:crazyeye:

Hello,

I would like to ask a question about the mods... How can I create a mod ? I mean from the totally beginning. For the moment, I use the existing mod and modify them. But how can I create a total new one without copying the ini file of an other ?

First step, learn XML, python and/or C++.

After that, come up with a concept.

Then code it. :)

I looked long and wide for that...
You simply make a folder in the mod folder of the c:\programes\... directory... with the name of the mod you'd like to make. then start copying and pasting files from the "assets" folder of civ4's main directory to a duplicated "assets" folder in the new mod folder, play around with those, and whoot! MOD! :)

Nodgene1 said:
I looked long and wide for that...
You simply make a folder in the mod folder of the c:\programes\... directory... with the name of the mod you'd like to make. then start copying and pasting files from the "assets" folder of civ4's main directory to a duplicated "assets" folder in the new mod folder, play around with those, and whoot! MOD! :)

:thanx: That's what I'm already doing... So it doesn't exist some kind of editor for the Mods, we are obliged to paste the existing files..
:thanx:

you are correct

Top Bottom