About multiplayer PBEM

jerocara_gfi

Chieftain
Any item that start under the PBEM mode remains frozen to save the game. I upgraded to the latest revision 1008 and the problem persists. Does anyone have a similar problem? SI is solved unofficially is there any prior settlement published in the forum? Please someone Rise Of Mankind mod you can consider the issue or at least show me some way support action.

Thanks to anyone who can read this and help

What a shame that at the moment nothing can do about it. However, I would not consider the moment lost cause, I explain the brief history that led to this event:

I have a small group of friends who regularly play multiplayer CIV 4 BTS when we could gather at home laptops to play on LAN, because the Internet bandwidth here is disgusting. We met this MOD and found the best because it combines the best of the previous versions of civilization, and will even put their small tribute to the legendary Call To Power series.

Well, we can not gather for party game home because logistics and match times and desire becomes difficult. Before we considered ridiculous mode multiplayer PBEM but need led to reconsider the matter and found an idea that is the mode that best lends itself to play with a directory repository pbem as a symbolic link or shortcut to a folder in Dropbox, Google Drive or similar and so one bureaucratic procedure to download the file from email and place it in the pbem subfolder of My Games game saves.

I did the experiment with the CIV Standard 4 BTS and works wonders; including python code in \Beyond the Sword\Assets\Python\entrypoints\ CvAppInterface.py for onPbemSend function I mentioned it completely, leaving return 0 by default (this because the file service in the cloud, there is no need to manage sending mail file)

The idea took this link: https://chronodekar.wordpress.com/2012/07/22/playing-civilization-5-via-dropbox/ they do the experiment with the hotseat mode and CIV 5. But in the if Civilization IV becomes cumbersome because the game should be saved at the time of shift change and that no sucess, bringing the consequence that the other player will not read his turn, but mine or not there would be any file.

I can always consider hotseat mode and when someone suggests a "small conversion or implementation" of code that allows autosaving after the end turn under this modality.

Anyway, I can say that I am an analyst programmer and things have been made knowingly architecture python scripts of the game, in what I know. I have not been able to debug the game in the event the end turn in the ROM mod to not freeze within the game. And I dismiss it by onPbemSend CvAppInterface.py function module mentioned above; but something happens before the saved makes freezing and I have the idea that is not attributable to the compiled executable, perhaps the coregame DLL, but should get to know.

If the team of the mod can not for whatever reason - understood as programmers colleagues - :D, I could contribute to be part of the solution, seeking and finding the cause of why saving the game at the end of shift in that mode it is frozen; and so do repair and ROM team know that one way or another validate the fix procedure.

I hope someone else can read and give me an answer to enlighten. Regards!

I think I know where the code is broken and it's not python, it's in the dll. I also think that I can try and fix it by just going back to the latest working version and checking what part of the code caused the problem. The real problem is that I can't get back on my modding PC before one month, so I can't try my theory.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14230392 said:
I think I know where the code is broken and it's not python, it's in the dll. I also think that I can try and fix it by just going back to the latest working version and checking what part of the code caused the problem. The real problem is that I can't get back on my modding PC before one month, so I can't try my theory.

At the moment I have no alternative at the moment to follow one of three paths:

1. Find some way to the hotseat mode to function, keeping the turn of the game after completing the turn, the next player to open the file in turn.

2. Evaluate the possibility if multiplayer options, it can add an additional form named "On the cloud", in reference to taking turns with the turn file sharing on a repository of this kind.

3. Put up with that the case is resolved officially, through ROM team support.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14230423 said:
I think the workaround you linked above it's about another issue which happens also in default BTS if I haven't misunderstood.
As I've said, I will try to fix the issue when I have time.

No problem there is no controversy. I'm sympathetic with the times and availabilities for this interesting volunteer work. I wait and I will entertain with "else".

i tired a few rounds in PBEM mode, after reading this and after doing the updates, but i havent had any problems with it unless the file being saved has to save over on other file with the same name it bugs out i that is done,, but also i havnt had to email the file away due to the fact i havnt had anyone to try playing with

Sending the save from inside the game still doesn't work as it doesn't work in BTS. But you can send the savegame manually or upload it and share it somewhere for other players to download.

i had the same problem as well when saving a game over top on other file with the same name when i was testing it out myself ,, but still over come the one major problem with the game and that is finding someone else to play with

Top Bottom