Accidentally sold your last copy of a lux...

zxcvbob

Emperor
and don't have any spare happiness. Can you break the deal w/o declaring war by destroying the tile improvement? (then you can build it back) I wouldn't do this if I'd sold it for a lump sum, but I've had AI's offer to buy something from me for GPT only to find out afterwards that I needed it.

I screw up regularly when an AI asks for what appears to be a continuation of a trade deal (almost always agree without thinking), but it's a continuation of a FORMER trade deal... Suddenly I have none.

Build a fort over the lux, then the deal breaks.

Don't even have to finish building it, just one turn destroys the previous improvement. (then you have to build it all over again, not just repair it) I just wasn't sure if that would break the deal.

Don't even have to finish building it, just one turn destroys the previous improvement. (then you have to build it all over again, not just repair it) I just wasn't sure if that would break the deal.

So wait you could just park a worker on a mine and basically farm 240 gold every 6-7 turns from AIs?

So wait you could just park a worker on a mine and basically farm 240 gold every 6-7 turns from AIs?
Yes, but that is considered a massive exploit.
You could also sell your last copy if you see a barb coming towards that lux and you are unprepared, this way at least you get something for being pillaged. But this is also considered an exploit.

I have never even considered that! Personally I don't mind using exploits at all, but on the downside I really value my worker activity and I'd much rather get all my tiles working before doing smth like that. If my workers aren't busy though.. Getting 240 gold every 7 turns sounds neat :lol:

I have never even considered that! Personally I don't mind using exploits at all, but on the downside I really value my worker activity and I'd much rather get all my tiles working before doing smth like that. If my workers aren't busy though.. Getting 240 gold every 7 turns sounds neat :lol:

You'd obviously just build a worker for that. That's 35 gold per turn, there's nothing else in the game that's even close to that good until late-game cargo ships.
Why waste time building banks and markets, just build workers and camp ressources lol.

Maybe one game I'll try that to see how ridiculous it can get.

Top Bottom