Add "Klein Venedig" from TAC to R&R

Shadow Civ

Chieftain
Hey ho, i play Tac for a long time with the Klein Venedig (little venice) modmod.
But how can i merge this modmod with R&R or is that not possible?

Thnaks for your answers :)

Hm, it has been a long time since I took a look at "Klein Venedig".
But as far as I remember, it is purely XML and graphics.

Thus it should be possible to merge without need of programming skills or any bigger technical issues.

Basically you will need to do almost the same moddings steps as if you were implementing a completely new nation to RaR.
(You will simply reuse some existing TXT_ entries and some graphics.)

All you need to do is

1) carefully merge XMLs - simply copy&pasting all XML blocks will lead to errors that prevent the mod from loading
(ATTENTION: XML Schema of RaR is different from TAC, meaning more complex)

2) copy all missing XML entries for the new nation(s) of Klein XML from existing XML of RaR nations and adjust to your liking.
(In RaR a Nation does have more XML entries than in TAC)

3) copy over the graphics and eventually adjust paths where needed
(ATTENTION: It might be possible that some button dds atlasses differ, so rename the ones from TAC and don't overwrite the ones from RaR)

If you have a little experience in modding Civ4Col this might take only a couple of hours.
If you are an absolute beginner in modding Civ4Col it might take a full weekend (including some try and error and asking experienced modders for advice).

Summary:

You will need to do some (relatively simple) modding.
There is no "Plug&Play" solution (by Copy&Paste) though.

Edit:

However, the approach described above will not allow you to play with more nations in total on a Gigantic map.
If you want to play with all RaR nations + Klein Venedig nation(s) you will need to adjust DLL by programming to increase max players.

------

Hope that helps.
Good luck and especially a lot of fun with your modding. :thumbsup:

Look at Ray... still prowling this forum and taking care of all the people who stop by. You're a gem, Stuttgart! <3

Top Bottom