Resource icon

HOWTO: Adding Resource and Linking Discussion Thread in Resource Manager 1.0

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Thunderfall submitted a new resource:

HOWTO: Adding Resource and Linking Discussion Thread in Resource Manager - HOWTO: Adding Resource and Linking Discussion Thread in Resource Manager

Our new Resource Manager has a useful discussions feature that makes it easy to link to a related forum thread for the file entry. In this post I will discuss how it works for new Civ6 file entries as well as option available for existing file entries.

1) For Civ6 Files

All Civ6 file categories in the Resource Manager have been configured to auto create related discussion thread in the relevant file forum. When you have a new...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
I find friends to not be very useful in this game. They will backstab you regularly even with a decent military. Better to just kill the AI

is there a way to rename cities by editing the game files? do you know which file should I edit? thanks

I haz a question.

I did not know we could add a mod to database one the forums and all.

So My question is how should I add a mod file to the data base to a existing thread?

Hi Hajee,

Moderator can create a resource entry from thread.
Just let me or a moderator know the thread you want to add to the Resource Manager and we will take care.

Is this for all versions of the game or just Civilization 6?

And what exactly is the thread ID in this case? Is it the full URL, or just the number at the end of the URL?

Is this for all versions of the game or just Civilization 6?

And what exactly is the thread ID in this case? Is it the full URL, or just the number at the end of the URL?
For the auto thread creation part, so far I only configured it for Civ6 categories.

Thread URL has this format:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/thread-title-texts.THREAD-ID/

Here is an example:
Code:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/howto-adding-resource-and-linking-discussion-thread-in-resource-manager.601792/

So for this thread, the thread ID is 601792.

Last edited:
@Thunderfall, is there a way to have 2 people able to update a mod in Resource Manager?

Both I and another modder have Mod Components that alter the same base files and are thus incompatible, though they really complement each other in terms of functionality and change different parts of those files. A user has already merged the files and posted a link to it, but as I and the other modder change our mods, he'll have to keep re-merging.

I was thinking it would be nice if I could propose a joint mod to the other modder that either of us could update as we wanted to make changes to our parts, but I'm not seeing any obvious way to have more than 1 author that can update any given Mod Component in the Resource Manager.

I am trying to update a resource, but it is not working, and still had\s old file as download.
Not sure if I am missing something.

The same thing happened to me when I clicked "Post Resource Update" and uploaded a new file - I still got the old one when I clicked "Download Now". Can we get a moderator to weigh in? Are things broken or is it just us? Or is there a significant delay before the updated resource comes online?

The same thing happened to me when I clicked "Post Resource Update" and uploaded a new file - I still got the old one when I clicked "Download Now". Can we get a moderator to weigh in? Are things broken or is it just us? Or is there a significant delay before the updated resource comes online?

Mine happened to be my computer, I restarted and it worked fine. I had an issue cause I was unable to change version number. Once I restarted and was able to put in new version number it worked fine.

... When you have a new file to post for Civ6, just pick a file category to post in and the discussion thread will be created and linked to automatically. ...

... If your file only exists in a forum thread and you have not created an entry in the Resource Manager, a moderator or admin can convert the thread into a resource for you which will add an entry into the Resource Manager and link it to the discussion thread. Simply message the "Convert thread to resource" request to a moderator or admin with link to the thread.

I would like to upload a mod. According to this, it sounds like the process would be to create a new thread in the mods forum, upload a file, and then message a moderator to get the thread moved to the proper subforum. Is that correct?

Ah, never mind, after poking around a while longer I found the "Add Resource" button. Didn't realize I had to visit the subcategory from the downloads page first.

I've always gotten the new one I updated myself, though there's an area where people can select to download the previous versions.

Maybe trying refreshing the page in your browser?

Thunderfall updated HOWTO: Adding Resource and Linking Discussion Thread in Resource Manager with a new update entry:

HOWTO: Adding Resource and Linking Discussion Thread in Resource Manager

Our new Resource Manager has a useful discussions feature that makes it easy to link to a related forum thread for the file entry. In this post I will discuss how it works for new Civ6 file entries as well as option available for existing file entries.

1) For Civ6 Files

All Civ6 file categories in the Resource Manager have been configured to auto create related discussion thread in the relevant file forum. When you have a new...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom