1. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice needed

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by ShadowWarrior, Nov 13, 2010.

1. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Chieftain

Jun 7, 2001
    In this game, I am playing as China, and Rome is my rival with whom I share a continent. I have two major problems that I need to overcome. Depending on your skill level, you may not perceive that as much of a problem though (I am not very good at this game yet).

First, I don't have much room to expand further. Second, Rome has access to iron while I don't have access to any iron nor horse. I don't know if Rome has access to horse, but I am hoping she doesn't. I am basically militarily crippled until I get machinery. But even then, I am not sure if cho-ku-nu could tilt the balance of power in my favor what with Rome having legion and ballista (and possibly horseman if she has access to horse), while I have no swordsman, horseman, nor catapults.

Can anyone give me some ideas on how to go on? Or should I just raise the white flag now?

Attached Files:

2. Syntax Error

Syntax Error Chieftain

Oct 14, 2010
    Rush to rifles? That's what I did. OR buddy up CS's who have iron, then work your way from there.
  3. stormerne

stormerne Eye of the Storm Retired Moderator

Jan 16, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    That line of mountains to the north of you is a little limiting for expansion! On the other hand, that limits both ways as regards traffic, for now at least, so there's a little safety if you control the choke points. You're not in a position to war right now anyway, so grow what you have behind the barricades - and fast! Your demographics are poor at the moment. Keep a check on them. And by the way, Rome will trade you 2 iron for 25 turns for 100+ cash. Not saying you should take it though! :)