Anno Domini (Civ 6 version) available now! [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Version 2 is now available.

The super-strong barbarians appearing at the beginning of the game have been deleted - they're now what you would expect.

We now have building icons for many of the custom buildings and wonders!

IMPORTANT: Once you've downloaded the mod, you need to open up "Anno Domini v2". Take out the "Anno Domini" folder and place it in the following folder:
Steam/Steamapps/Common/Sid Meier's CivilizationVI/base/assets/scenarios

Then, find the file "Icons_buildings.xml" in the folder UI/Icons from the download. Move this to:
Steam/Steamapps/Common/Sid Meier's CivilizationVI/base/assets/UI/Icons, overwriting the original file. Don't worry, everything that was originally there is still there; you just get some extra icons. To be on the safe side, you may as well back up the original file.

Will you be releasing any of these civs separately? :)

Can you answer me one thing?

how in the hell did you do this so quickly?

The first version of Anno Domini for Civ 6 is now available!

Anno Domini is an ancient - medieval era total conversion mod, with previous versions available for Civ III and Civ V.

In this first iteration, the tech tree has been completely revamped and includes new buildings and wonders. The civs have unique abilities for both the civ and leader but at this stage, the unique units and buildings have been absorbed into the generic tech tree.

The following civilizations are in the mod:
Arabia
Brigantia
China
Egypt
Germany
Greece
Harappa
Illyria
Japan
Makuria
Masagetae
Rome
Sumeria
Vandals

At this stage, we are unable to mod images, so the existing leaders have been recycled.

I'm unclear. You say you can't mod images but you created new civs. Are these reskins?

I'm unclear. You say you can't mod images but you created new civs. Are these reskins?
At this stage, we are unable to mod images, so the existing leaders have been recycled.

So Harald Hardrada is currently being used as Genseric of the Vandals, Gorgo is being used as Teuta. Victoria has become Cartimandua - obviously quite a stretch in terms of eras is that one, but you have to use what you have.

I loaded to the scenarios directory and it shows as a mod on the additional content. I checked the mod. Does that enable it? I think I had to select back from the content menu and choose single player but the mod did not show in game

Why the rolling eyes? There's no other option at the moment. It was either recycle the existing leaders (in some cases) or not have the civ in at all. Once we can add art, then this will be updated.

Rolling my eyes because I felt stupid for not taking you literally, that's all.

Thanks for clearing that up!

I've now converted the old Anno Domini website into an Anno Domini: Civilization VI edition website. There's not much content on there at the moment, but it will grow, as will the mod. I'm excited for the possibilities that Civ 6 brings to modding and feel that it will be the best Civ ever - and the best version of Anno Domini ever - by the time it's all rolled out.

Mod works pretty well, I encountered an issue in one of my games (doesn't always happen) where some of the objects (units, buildings, resources, etc) were named a bit odd. As an example, a building would be named LOC_BUILDING_CATTLE_RANCH_NAME instead of Cattle Ranch.

There was also an issue where by around the time I unlocked the Tribal Council tech, barbarians started to spawn Berserkers, which are pretty late game in the tech tree. To give an example of the discrepancy, I could not get any further in the game at that point, since at that stage you don't even have access to swordsman units.

will you still continue the mod for civ 5?

I aim to do a final version once everyone has done their planned civs for Civ 5. I also need to find somewhere to host it, as you know what happened last time! At least the Civ 6 version is small for now, though I'd guess that once art is added, it'll definitely increase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom