Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Anno Domini now includes a custom DLL, which will make it incompatible with non-Windows OSs, unfortunately.

so bizarre since i did a fresh install, and have never used EUI in the past
when i do a system search there is only one enhanced user interface file, not a folder
when i delete the single file, and start the game i have the same issue, and the file reappears in the same location i deleted it from

its not a game breaker since i can take the long road for diplomacy and this mod is really great

I had the same problem and thought it couldn't be that. However, I'd installed the Community Patch and EUI along with it. Just check all your main Civ folders (I think it was under "expansion 2" but I could be wrong. You're missing out on so much more than diplomacy!

Oh, thanks.
Something unrelated, do you think CIV6 will continue this tradition?

Dw, I've got Ed Beach on speed dial; I'll call him and get back to you :p

Honestly, no clue. They're rewriting the engine, so they might stray from C++/whatever-causes-the-DLL-usage; however I think it depends on whether there is an alternative.

I want to start by saying I'm new here, and I love anno domini. However are there currently any maps that have true start locations? If there is something built in the mod for this I apologize, but I can't seem to find it. I downloaded the map pack, but they don't show the civs. This would greatly enhance my game-play. Thank you for your time.

Hello guys,

I wondered if the dropbox links were dead ?

THanks,

See Torrent links on previous page.

I want to start by saying I'm new here, and I love anno domini. However are there currently any maps that have true start locations? If there is something built in the mod for this I apologize, but I can't seem to find it. I downloaded the map pack, but they don't show the civs. This would greatly enhance my game-play. Thank you for your time.

I believe the maps were removed a couple of updates ago. I didn't use AD at that point, though, so I can't say for certain.

I haven't been able to get the resources to work properly on anything but the standard in-game maps. So, no TSL most likely... i'm not sure how that would work because many of these civs are in extremely close proximity

You can make your own TSL map using some simple xml additions to each civ you want included.
For starters, I assume you want a TSL map for the YnAEMP so open the map you wish to use in Worldbuilder. Use this as a reference when placing civs and minor civs for the coordinates when writing in the data in the xml table. The reason AD isn't "compatible" with TSL maps is Rob uses custom civ names for each civ since he completely removed all the vanilla ones i.e. CIVILIZATION_ROME (vanilla) is CIVILIZATION_ANNOROME in AD as well as two other Rome civs added in the Mediterranean pack.
To add a TSL for a major civ you need to go into the XML file for each civ you want to add (I'll use Trajan's Rome again). In your MODS folder navigate to Anno Domini Ancient Mediterranean (v4)/Rome/Rome.xml and open it using notepad++ it will look something like this
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- edited with XMLSPY v2004 rel. 2 U (http://www.xmlspy.com) by Ed Beach (Firaxis Games) -->
<GameData>
	<!-- Table data -->
	[COLOR="Blue"]<Civilizations>
		<Row>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_ANNOROME</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_CIV_ROME_DESC</Description>
			<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_CIV_ADROME_SHORT_DESC</ShortDescription>
			<Adjective>TXT_KEY_CIV_ROME_ADJECTIVE</Adjective>
			<CivilopediaTag>TXT_KEY_CIV5_ROME</CivilopediaTag>
			<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_ROME</DefaultPlayerColor>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_ANNOROME</ArtDefineTag>
			<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_GRECO_ROMAN</ArtStyleType>
			<ArtStyleSuffix>_MED</ArtStyleSuffix>
			<ArtStylePrefix>MEDITERRANEAN </ArtStylePrefix>
			<PortraitIndex>17</PortraitIndex>
			<IconAtlas>CIV_COLOR_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
			<AlphaIconAtlas>CIV_ALPHA_ATLAS</AlphaIconAtlas>
			<MapImage>RomeMap.dds</MapImage>
			<DawnOfManImage>DOM_Augustus.dds</DawnOfManImage>
			<DawnOfManQuote>TXT_KEY_CIV_TRAJAN_DAWN</DawnOfManQuote>
			<DawnOfManAudio/>
		</Row>
	</Civilizations>[/COLOR]
	[COLOR="Red"]<Civilizations_EuroGiantStartPosition>
	        <Row>
			        <X>64</X>
			        <Y>34</Y>
		    </Row>
	</Civilizations_EuroGiantStartPosition>[/COLOR]		
	[COLOR="Blue"]<Civilization_CityNames>
		<Row>
			<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_ANNOROME</CivilizationType>
			<CityName>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_ROME</CityName>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<CityName>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_ANTIUM</CityName>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<CityName>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_CUMAE</CityName>
[/COLOR]
The blue is the original data and red is my modded code for a TSL for Trajan's Rome
Code:
	<Civilizations_EuroGiantStartPosition>
	        <Row>
			        <X>64</X>
			        <Y>34</Y>
		    </Row>
	</Civilizations_EuroGiantStartPosition>
EuroGiantStartPosition is the ID of the YnAEMP map I used for my TSL game but you can sub any map ID you wish. Repeat this step for all the civs you wish to add a TSL as well as any other map you wish to use.

For the minor civs I'll make it easier for you. Attached is my SQL addition to JFDs SQL table for minor civs. I take absolutely no credit for creating the table, this was created by JFD for v24 of YnAEMP all I did was add minor civ tags for the AD mod and created the table for the Giant Europe map ONLY. Extract the file and overwrite MinorCivStartPos.sql under MODS/Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 24)\JFD's Additions. Save the original in another location of course. If you wish TSL for minors on other maps you'll have to create your own. Sorry :(

Finally you MUST add a reference for YnAEMP into the main Anno Domini mod, the AD art files mod and any civ pack you use at least one civ from. To do this open the modinfo file located within the mod folder using notepad++ search for "references" just after "dependencies" if no references are there erase the <References /> and add this command
Code:
  <References>
	<Mod id="36e88483-48fe-4545-b85f-bafc50dde315" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Yet (not) Another Earth Map Pack" />
  </References>

I do not know if this is the easiest way to do this but it works for me and I have experienced zero CTDs using this method. I hope this helps anyone who wishes to add TSL for AD civs. :)

EDIT: Also, when placing the civs try to keep each one at least 5 tiles away from one another to avoid settlers not founding their capitals.

Attachments

• MinorCivStartPos.rar
    4.6 KB · Views: 61
Could someone please post a screen print of the opening screen, turn 1? I have removed all my mods, I previously did have EUI BUT there still doesn't seem to be full function Diplomacy, as in the picture in this post by peawhy00.

Plus, I keep getting the alert that a decision needs to be made pointing me to the decision panel BUT I can't find that panel anywhere.

Which other MODS should I be using? I downloaded and cut and pasted all the AD mods from the torrent download.

Any guidance would be helpful; thanks.

You should be using no other mods than Anno Domini. You do have to check all your folders for EUI as it embeds itself as a DLC. I can't remember now where I found it when installing but it was either in the main Civilization 5 steam folder or under expansion 2.

Hi!

Let me start by saying that this is an excelent mod and the reason i got back into Civ 5 recently (and bought all the expansions). It is truly amazing what you have done and and since i love the pre-industrial eras, I know I will be sinking many hours into this.

Played a few games, some tests and one longer campaign and I´ve got a few questions:

1)Playing as Cleopatra, I´ve always got a settler as the free unit when i do the DOF. Is this intentional?

2)Just as this mod does, I´ve seen others where most resources are shown on the map as relevant techs are researched. While i really like this aspect in many cases, I´d like to discuss what is the reasoning behind which should be revealed from the start?
I personally find it strange that resources like deer, fish and fur, to name a few, is not shown from the start.
I agree that using these resourses "industially" (improving them) should be tech-releated, but knowing that deer is a source of food would have been known long before people started to settle. So people could take advantage of them in a smaller scale (work the unimproved tile) right from the start, but not use the resource as efficiently as i could be (improve the tile when the tech is researched).

3) Unfortunately I get some CTDs later in the game. I dont know if this is related (since I´ve played like 1 game vanilla BNW), but the AI seems to get to be able to build as many caravans as it likes.
Settings are: Pangea, standard size, marathon speed

http://imgur.com/a/pSvzQ

I´ve got a limit of 6 trade routes, while just in this pic The Amazons got like 20 of them. Some times the CTD comes from me stating to improve a tile while one of thier caravans are on them too. Most of the time i can use the last autosave, but the later i get into the game, they become more frequent. Since i started a marathon game, I´m already past 1000 turns.
If u are interested in why it happens, is there some way for me to log why these crashes happen and post them here?

I have no other mods installed, nor have I ever had.

Again, great work and thank you for this, the most fun I´ve had with a game in a long time.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot. It seems that even if i build the Judiciary court, I cant get any new magistrates.

Could someone please post a screen print of the opening screen, turn 1? I have removed all my mods, I previously did have EUI BUT there still doesn't seem to be full function Diplomacy, as in the picture in this post by peawhy00.

Plus, I keep getting the alert that a decision needs to be made pointing me to the decision panel BUT I can't find that panel anywhere.

Which other MODS should I be using? I downloaded and cut and pasted all the AD mods from the torrent download.

Any guidance would be helpful; thanks.

I believe the DLC's in the Steam folder are cached at a higher level by the Steam Engine. Besides removing it from the Steam Folder, also clear the Steam Cache.
From the main Stream Menu -> Steam -> Settings -> Click Downloads in the left panel -> look for the "Clear Download Cache" button -> Click OK -> Steam will exit -> Log back in -> Start Civ 5 -> have diplomacy fun :)

Have fun doing that with the British civs ;).

lol yea I noticed. I had to make some exceptions when placing British Isle main civs and minors as well as the minors in the Middle East. Seems your mod favors both locations heavily but regardless it still was an excellent time playing. Despite some criticism I've read I thoroughly enjoy the idea of making buildings to produce goods. It definitely added a sense realism and some different strategy although the AI doesn't seem to handle that well. They still clamored for goods produced by buildings that I had, despite them far more technologically advanced than me. Any plans to update the AI with a more recent version of the CP Rob?

Thanks for the guide, most useful!

Thank you! That means a lot to a noob like me :)

I just found this and was going to download to check it out. Both links to the download are returning the 404 error (file not found).

I am going to check it out again in the future. It looks good from what I have seen on the website.

v26 (Constantine):

- Some time in the Anno Obscurii era Great Generals suddenly started building an encampment instead of a citadel when used. This might be design for all I know, but I thought I'd mention it.

I just found this and was going to download to check it out. Both links to the download are returning the 404 error (file not found).

I am going to check it out again in the future. It looks good from what I have seen on the website.

Hello :) We have a torrent up and running with the complete mod. You can download the torrent from my dropbox here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgaco4r6x70hz5o/Anno Domini v26.rar.torrent?dl=0

Just tested this one; still seems to be up.

Top Bottom