Another graphic library

Welcome to CFC, Obea101, but I suggest that you use the Edit function instead of double-posting :)

Hi OBea :)

All of these sets remain the same for all four eras.
However you can edit them, placing for example the Byzantine set on the two last rows of the ancient Greek set, so that they become 2 era.

If you cannot do it yourself you can ask someone to help you, in the main forum, since it requires a program to edit pcx, and also you will have to alter the palette for the colours to remain the same ;)

thanks i have another question, i had adobe photoshop and i used that to preview stuff but now my trial is gone, is there any free software i could use?

I've been using gimp lately. Question for you: I tried mixing your old orc set with the new one (I was trying to put a tower of Sauron in for the LotM). I wasn't able to use colors from the blue set with the red one. Are the color pallettes limited to the ones used or something?

My work around is to open a city of yours with the colors I want, and paste into it from elsewhere. But I wondered if there was something I wasn't seeing.

Btw, forgive me, because your work is truly art, but I edited your orc walled city. Of course I did it by using your own structures from the same set cause the city is just awesomeness. I tried to make it a little more LotM.

Your stuff is so good I actually stopped playing civ and spent hours tooling around in gimp playing with your cities. My eyes are currently bloodshot to hell. It says something when the game is fun to play just to see someone's artwork in it.

Btw, I see u working on an elf set. I sometimes use the pink byzantine set for the elves, it seems to fit (for my tastes anyways).

Looking forward to your next piece!

PS please don't destroy any more of your old sets. Even the ones you consider 'bad' are still fantastic to us mortals.

All the .pcx files have their own pallettes. Turn the one you want to edit into RGB then back into indexed mode. You might have to tweak the pallette so the transparency magentas go where they should.

PS please don't destroy any more of your old sets. Even the ones you consider 'bad' are still fantastic to us mortals.

Everything that is currently in the library will stay for good :)

As for the Gimp, there is a tutorial by me and one by someone else in the tutorial section, it may be useful to you.

'Someone else'? There's someone else? Oh you have betrayed us! :cry:

Lol, I'm from the States. Vermont. I did my senior thesis in undergrad on "Samson Agonistes."

Well, I think I have your whole collection now. Keep 'em comin!

I'll look at that tutorial. I missed it seeing it I guess. I was going to ask if you could write one.

Nice job with the Tibetan cityset. Might I suggest a Native American city? Perhaps the Aztecs? ;)

Top Bottom