Another space race victory

bambuz said:
3) Just make space missions give culture in some form of wonders so they add up to the cultural victory, and you can remove the special space victory type alltogether. You could add more small wonders (voyager, viking, venera, hubble, galileo, mars rovers, cassini-huygens or all previous just lumped to general robotics exploration, and mir/iss space station) and make the Apollo program a great wonder, because there really could only be one (who wants to be second to the moon?). It really is the modern equivalent of the sistine chapel or the hanging gardens, still living in pictures and soundbites and being talked about. Of course all this should be reflected in the cultural victory screen.

I like this option. The space race victory is not realistic. It's not like anybody is going to escape from our planet anytime soon. I'm also a fan of multiple victories at the same time.

bambuz
I don't view that space exploration have something to do with culture, since is more a expression of science, technology and engineering. Make analogy between space exploration and sistine chapel or hanging gardens is not right. It's more sense make analogy with the discovery age and the explorers, since is a step to future colonization of space. You're wright when says that the several fases of space exploration could be see as a succedinh of small wonders. But at that point instead of each wonder give culture points they give space exploration points, as religion wonders give religion points. Assign everything to culture is not the way.

Top Bottom