Argh! It won't load for me! Help... please!

Zak Zimmerman

Chieftain
Hey chaps,

new member to the site and was immediately attracted to the Warhammer MOD, being a massive fan of both Civ4 and anything fantasy related - this game has been crying out for a decent sword and sorcery MOD. Imagine my delight when I spot this thread and download the game! Imagine my horror when it doesn't load! Argh!

OK... I'm using version 3.17 for starters (I know it isn't yet compatible with 3.19). I have installed the MOD, the sound files and the patch. I get the Civ4 Beyond the Sword loading box for a few seconds then it vanishes. No error messages. The application sits in Task Manager for a few seconds before disappearing completely and leaving me with the old "Send Error Report" screen. Doh!

I have a pretty spanky PC running Windows XP, so don't think it's my setup - runs games like Left4Dead2 no problem at all. My DirectX is pretty up to date too - November 2009 I believe.

So if anyone hears my cries of pity and can offer a solution to my problem... PLEASE do.

Happy New Year to one and all :king:

Zak

Actually, the latest version (the one named Warhammer : Heart of Chaos) is compatible with 3.19. That is probably your problem.

Also, if you do not have Fall Further installed, you may experience another problem. Look in the download thread for a solution in that case.

welcome to the forum Zak! :) :wavey:

Halancar is correct that the latest version (Warhammer Heart of Chaos) IS actually compatible with 3.19, it was the old version 1.5 that wasn't.

Hal is also right that you may want to install the Fall Further mod as well due to one of the bugs which still refers to files in that mod. You seem quite new to mods, i can tell from this:

this game has been crying out for a decent sword and sorcery MOD.

and i HIGHLY recommend you check out the mod Fall From Heaven 2 mod, and the other Mod Mods for it. (such as Fall Further which Warhammer is based off of) here are some good links:

[FALL FROM HEAVEN 2 FORUM]

[FALL FROM HEAVEN 2 DOWNLOAD]

[FALL FURTHER MODMOD]

[ORBIS MOD MOD]

[RISE FROM EREBUS MODMOD]

have fun and good luck with getting Warhammer up and running :) also keep an eye out for a new patch comming out soon :)

I have the same problem: I installed the mod as written in the install instructions, but it just won't load. I have 3.19 Beyond the Sword, but when I try to load a mod, it simply returns to desktop.

I'll try to download the Fall Further mod, as suggested... but: do I need to install that in the beyondthesword/mod section, paralel to the warhammer file? Or should I install the Fall Further mod *inside* the warhammer mod?

One thing to note when loading: the mod currently has poorly packaged graphics files, and so it can take a loooong time to load. Like 2 minutes. I'm not kidding. Even on a fast system.

So, make sure that once you load the mod, you really actually wait 2-3 minutes. Its coming... eventually.

We're working on a fix for this.

i will not load for me either:

GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme

i get this error two times in a row and then the games crashes before it completes the loading.

I have the EXACT same problem as tesb...

HELP! I really want to give this mod a shot...

I just downloaded warhammer: heart of chaos, and the soundtrack and patch, and did follow the instructions on installation, and i continue getting this GFC Error: Failed to initialize the primary control theme twice and it crashes... did this everytime i launched it.

You guys really should remove the version number from the Folder name.

I got the GFC error on first run, the CIV4.thm file in the Resouces folder is referencing the theme files in /Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.03/

Change the 03 to a 04 and you're all set, mod runs fine.

try this in the quote above when it crashes... hope it helps.

(still a shame this mod "died"... was quite interesting when i played it (like here some lets play-ish story of it... (started as a bug report but got into a story later with pictures) -> http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=8210232#post8210232)

Top Bottom