Arison's Mythologies

Hmm... how good do the alphas look at 32x32? That's probably the most important size in-game, and I think these, especially the tree, won't be even vaguely distinguishable.

Ok, after checking them, I need suggestions for the Vanir symbol. I'm keeping the colours and not changing them too much because I like them, but I need a symbol for the Vanir that hasn't been stolen by the Viking civs.

Hmmm well there are several symbols you can use, there's the tricep symbols (the most common one being the same one that Mitsabishi Motors uses), there's the Vantru symbol here: https://embervoices.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/vanatruboar_fix.png there's other but for know I'll just leave you with these. Also with the symbols, good job! All though like senshi I believe they could be bigger. Regarding Tengri's symbol I also believe that if we made the blue a little lighter we will have a perfect symbol!

Also for Arghun I have a basic design, it's not finish yet and is probably feature bloated/broken, but it will give you something to start with.

Spoiler :
The Ilkhante under Arghun Khan

UA: The Franco-Mongol Alliance
Defensive Pacts last twice as long and give a combat boost to your units, diplomats increase the opinion of a civilisation leader of you and establishing an embassy also gives a higher opinion boost. Gain access to unowned luxuries in allied civilisation and city state territory.

UU: Ilkhan Embassy (Great Merchant Replacement)
Cannot build Custom Houses, gain more influence from Trade Mission than Gold and can perform a 'Foreign Mission' into another civilisation with or without open borders. This will increase the opinion of the leader of you and you will be gifted free units and a defensive pact.

As for the other designs I have ideas for them, here's what I have for an Erkilhan civ. The civ is based around debuffing (to reflect the spread of sickness, and impurities) and warring (for obvious reasons).

Spoiler :
UA: Ruler of Hell
Killed citizens in enemy cities have a chance to appear in one of your cities, spies stationed in enemy cities decrease the combat strength of the city and can cause anarchy. (Basically works like the coup mechanic, but instead it puts the city into anarchy rather than giving you influence. Also recieve an extra spy that may or may not be gifted at the beginning of the game.)

UU: The Children of Erkilhan (GG Replacemnt, I'll come up with a proper name when I decided what the unit will be.)
So I can do several things here, but the main idea is to have a GG replacemnt that is super strong and can have additional abilities based on who they are, (Erkilhan had eighteen children, nine sons and nine daughters) the main problem is there isn't a lot of info about Erkil's daughters apart from their attempts to sauce the priests when they try to connect with Ülgen, so I could just make the GG's only about the sons. I don't know we'll see.

UU/UB: Either some sort of religious unit/melee unit replacement (in the form of an evil spirit) or a shrine replacement

So I have two options here, a shrine replacement or a unit representing an evil spirit. The shrine would give passive bonuses (food, faith and whatever else) while the spirit would be some sort of debuff unit in my mind.

For Kök Tengri I have an over arching theme as well, basically he's an over arching figue that controls people's fate and is able to create what he wants. He is extremely fair and knows the situation of all people. So we can make something for him, I don't know what exactly so hopefully you have some idea on what to do.

@Sgtwolf00 for the Erkilhan uniques, why not have the sons of Erkilhan as the GG replacement and then the daughters as missionary replacements.

@Sgtwolf00 for the Erkilhan uniques, why not have the sons of Erkilhan as the GG replacement and then the daughters as missionary replacements.

Hmm we could, but I feel that we're demoting the daughters by having them be simple missionary replacements. Plus we miss out on the other uniques, if we aren't going to make them a GG replacement I suggest we rename all the spies after them. It fills their roles and we don't need to much info on them.

Other than that what do you think of everything else I've said?

Hmm we could, but I feel that we're demoting the daughters by having them be simple missionary replacements. Plus we miss out on the other uniques, if we aren't going to make them a GG replacement I suggest we rename all the spies after them. It fills their roles and we don't need to much info on them.

Other than that what do you think of everything else I've said?

I like the Ilkhanate stuff that you have, and if we're not doing the GG replacement then we should have something like a demon or just an evil spirit that decreases enemy faith production when killing or something like that.

Ah you do? Cool! Are you going to do anything with it? Or so you're fine with the evil spirit? I like the idea of a shrine replacement but a debuff unit works as well.

Ah you do? Cool! Are you going to do anything with it? Or so you're fine with the evil spirit? I like the idea of a shrine replacement but a debuff unit works as well.

Actually, the new design challenge was pretty much built for this civ, so I'm gonna finish it off and post it if that's ok.

What the workers can build things in rival territory? What civ Ilkanate? Okay I eagerly await.

The design challenge V. Its first thing is base the civ around getting luxuries.

This is the design I submitted to the challenge.

The Ilkhante under Arghun Khan

UA: The Franco-Mongol Alliance
Defensive Pacts last twice as long and give a combat boost to your units, diplomats increase the opinion of a Civilisation Leader of you and establishing an embassy also gives a higher opinion boost. Gain access to unowned luxuries in allied Civilisation and City State territory.

UU: Ilkhan Embassy (Great Merchant Replacement)
Cannot build Custom Houses, gain more influence from Trade Mission than Gold and can perform a 'Foreign Mission' into another Civilisation with or without open borders. This will increase the opinion of the Leader of you and you will be gifted free units and a defensive pact.

UU: War Galley (Privateer Replacement)
Whenever you become an ally with a City State or Civilisation a War Galley spawns in all of your coastal cities. If stationed in an allied Civilisation's territory increases that Civilisation's Leader's opinion of you if you are allied with that Civilisation, however, any converted ships are given to that Civilisation.

Hmm yes that is a nice design! Probably broken in some way but eh it works. Mine if I take these to the request page to show? With credit due where due.

Hmm yes that is a nice design! Probably broken in some way but eh it works. Mind if I take these to the request page to show? With credit due where due.

You can take it there. I submitted it to the 'theme' design challenge because the theme was 'gains luxury resources' and I felt like it would be wrong to not submit this one.

Hey Arison! Before I post the new Erkilhan design here I have a question about our Ilkhanate design, what do you mean when you say, "if you are allied with that Civilisation, however, any converted ships are given to that Civilisation"?

Hey Arison! Before I post the new Erkilhan design here I have a question about our Ilkhanate design, what do you mean when you say, "if you are allied with that Civilisation, however, any converted ships are given to that Civilisation"?

I should have said captured ships.

Ah okay, but which captured ships? The gifted ships?

As a privateer replacement, it can capture enemy ships. If you capture an enemy ship in an ally's territory the ally gets the captured ship instead of you. Does it say that that also improves the leaders opinion of you or did I forget to write that in?

Oh right yeah that makes sense, yeah you forgot to write the part about increasing opinion of you.

Ok, I think we should rewrite the design so it makes sense/is spelt correctly(Ilkhante).

Yeah the civ does need a redesign, but now that I know what is possible to have in game and what isn't so I should be able to come up with something.

Top Bottom