Art and Lore

I don't think anybody doubts that. You have prove it often enough after all.

I just wanted to make it quite clear. :p When we merge content from someone, we state so very clearly; A failure to provide credit irks me.

Honestly, I'd seen those altars a long time ago, and didn't think about them until a few days ago. I'd gone in and downloaded all the "Fantasy Packs" from Kohan 2, hunting for lair artwork (goal is for all lairs to possess unique art), and saw them again... Thought they could make good mana nodes, then forgot about it. Looked through the pack again a few hours later to find another lair, saw them again, though "Hmm. Four Temples, four mana schools, we can use these to visually tie the schools together and make all the manas distinguishable at a glance. Let's do it." Talked about it with the team, and then spent a few hours recoloring/adjusting nifs/etc. :lol:

regarding the mana nodes:

Maybe Sephi took them from Kohan too...
i took them from the same pack, as valkrionn and made some slight adjustments. one thing i suggest to the rife team is at least rotate them a little, they look much better then.

mana nodes are redone in too in MoMana (in the coming patch) and look unique for each mana and different then those mana nodes proposed by valkrionn:

Spoiler :

these are dimensional, enchantment and meta magic nodes for example

regarding the mana nodes:

i took them from the same pack, as valkrionn and made some slight adjustments. one thing i suggest to the rife team is at least rotate them a little, they look much better then.

mana nodes are redone in too in MoMana (in the coming patch) and look unique for each mana and different then those mana nodes proposed by valkrionn:

Spoiler :

these are dimensional, enchantment and meta magic nodes for example

Possible, but I don't want to spend a large amount of time on it. Currently I'm the only one working on the DLL side to get capabilities needed for 1.4 in, while the others design the various components.

Ours are also unique for each mana, but only in color; We don't have an artist on the team, so I do what I can. :goodjob: Your art looks great, as always. ;)

Just a little piece of flavour text for one of my fave leader's, who doesn't already have one. Rivanna of the Svartalfar. Tried to copy the style of the previous texts. Hope you like.

They had always spoken with her. Since her youngest days she had never been truly alone. Whispers. Advice. Warnings. She had always assumed that everyone had such silent council, guiding them, teaching them, helping them. Feeding off them. The presences grew stronger as she did, as she aged, their whispering was no longer so timid. As she learned their thoughts were no longer so simple. It had all seemed so natural. Her protectors. Her friends.

The first time that one of them had forced his way into the living world changed everything. Her life in mortal danger, for the first time since she was truly aware. One of her mother's enemies, sending a message, with a dagger in the night. She remembered fear. Then it manifested. A shadowed dread, ripping, tearing. She remembered the assassin's gurgling pleas as some dread thing from the ether rent terrible wounds in her throat.. in her chest. The peculiar way the blood seemed to evaporate into vapour before having a chance to stain her sheets. The way the assassin’s corpse; cold withered and mangled, had smashed into the floor with sudden finality. The gentle, invisible hand on her shoulder reassuring her. Telling her to sleep.

Her friends would take care of everything.

Just a little piece of flavour text for one of my fave leader's, who doesn't already have one. Rivanna of the Svartalfar. Tried to copy the style of the previous texts. Hope you like.

They had always spoken with her. Since her youngest days she had never been truly alone. Whispers. Advice. Warnings. She had always assumed that everyone had such silent council, guiding them, teaching them, helping them. Feeding off them. The presences grew stronger as she did, as she aged, their whispering was no longer so timid. As she learned their thoughts were no longer so simple. It had all seemed so natural. Her protectors. Her friends.

The first time that one of them had forced his way into the living world changed everything. Her life in mortal danger, for the first time since she was truly aware. One of her mother's enemies, sending a message, with a dagger in the night. She remembered fear. Then it manifested. A shadowed dread, ripping, tearing. She remembered the assassin's gurgling pleas as some dread thing from the ether rent terrible wounds in her throat.. in her chest. The peculiar way the blood seemed to evaporate into vapour before having a chance to stain her sheets. The way the assassin’s corpse; cold withered and mangled, had smashed into the floor with sudden finality. The gentle, invisible hand on her shoulder reassuring her. Telling her to sleep.

Her friends would take care of everything.

You would probably be better off submitting that here: http://greyfox.me/rife/forum/viewforum.php?f=9
Just start a topic with SUBMISION in the title, and put your entry in there.

So just got inspiration for the Tower of Eyes, it's my first so don't be suprised if it doesn't work with the lore. Oh and also critique my writing, it's been forever since I've done any real writing, (essays are not real writing or enjoyable :p )

After Kylorin defeated the Archmage of Mind, Perpentach, Kylorin constructed a massive tower guarded by unthinking golems. The massive amount Mind magic that Perpentach had used to call his rescuers has melded with the Tower, making it a mighty focal point of Mind mana. No one dares get too close to the tower, for fear of being killed by the Towers aura of Mind magic. Only the remnants of the golems remain, staring out at any who approach their old stronghold.

(I put the golems part in because its called the Tower of Eyes, if there is a real reason it's called that than I can fix this :D or you guys thought it just sounded really cool lol)

Cheers

I can't seem to recall exactly where I got the idea so I my be wrong, but I was under the impression that the Tower of Eyes was an ancient Patrian palace long before Perpentach took up residence there. I was also thinking that Perpentach made the Palus into his stronghold and base of operations long before is defeat, that it is the location of his battle with Kylorin, and that Kylorin merely evacuated the surrounding area and trapped him there with golem guards after his defeat.

(I'm fairly positive there has not been any confirmation for this, but I personally like to think that the Tower of Eyes is in fact the same tower from which Kylorin was about to jump in order to kill himself before Ceridwen intervened. I like to think of it as the last remnants of the once great city state of Amur, which Kylorin inherited and expanded to become the original capital city of Patria. The only basis I have for supposing the existence of such a city though is that some old pedia entries that are no longer cannon claimed that the Patrians called themselves Amurites.)

I can't seem to recall exactly where I got the idea so I my be wrong, but I was under the impression that the Tower of Eyes was an ancient Patrian palace long before Perpentach took up residence there. I was also thinking that Perpentach made the Palus into his stronghold and base of operations long before is defeat, that it is the location of his battle with Kylorin, and that Kylorin merely evacuated the surrounding area and trapped him there with golem guards after his defeat.

Is there some Erebus book that I've been missing out on?:confused: Where exactly does all this lore come from, did kael sit down and write a 200 page bible of Erebus or something when he made the first Fall from Heaven?

Actually there sort of was an early draft for a book, but only a few people got to read it. MagisterCultuum was one of them if I remember correctly.

The rest is information gathered from either the game itself or random forum posts.

Actually there sort of was an early draft for a book, but only a few people got to read it. MagisterCultuum was one of them if I remember correctly.

The rest is information gathered from either the game itself or random forum posts.

Also, I believe MC was one of the players of the original Dungeons and Dragons game that spawned Fall from Heaven.

(Envy.)

...I think MC might be a bit young to have been playing those games, given Kael's age.

(Conspiracy theory related to waffles.) Hence the "I think" at the start of that post.

If I recall correctly, those campaigns ended in the year when I was born.

The only information I have access to that Kael has not stated publicly on the forum is from The Ashes of Brigdarrow, which at 16 chapters and an epilogue (about 22,800 words total) is probably the longest of the short stories that Kael would eventually like to publish in an anthology called The Book of Tears. I also gleaned a little info from the reply I got back after editing it for him, but none of that is relevant to Perpentach or the Tower of Eyes. The story is about Auric Ulvin's youth, focused on the destruction of his home town and his encounter with Varn Gossam and the Once Elves. Gosea and Rathaus Denmora are also present.

Some of the lore I've shared on here are just lucky educated guesses. Sometimes my ideas even conflict with Kael's original plan, but more often than not in those cases he decides my way makes more sense and so changes it.

Kylorin did name the Amurites, although it not now clear exactly how he came up with the name. Originally he was supposed to have used the name that the Patrians used for themselves, but Kael retconned any references to the Patrians as Amurites out because he thought it would cause confusion for there to be references to Amurites ages before the modern civilization was formed. Even if the Patrians did call themselves Patrians at their height though, I figure there must have been some name for the people Kylorin lead before uniting all the humans of Erebus, and Amurites seems as good as any. It actually might make more sense for Kylorin to choose to use the name he called his people before he lead them into corruption.

We do know that Perpentach garrisoned himself within a tower protected by many of Kylorin's friends that had been dominated. The repentant emperor was unable to break his control of them, as was forced to kill them in order to ascend to the top and battle his old student and adopted son in person. I'm not sure that is has been established whether Kylorin imprisoned him on the site or moved him elsewhere though. We know that the Tower of Eyes was called by the Patrians the Palus, which could come from one of two Latin words, one meaning stake or post and the other marsh or swamp. (The Patrian language seems to be taken straight from a Latin dictionary by someone who doesn't know enough grammar to decline things properly.) We also know that it was a swampy wasteland far from civilization when Perpentach was trapped there, but things may have been different when it was first built.

So other than getting the lore pretty much wrong (I'm going to take most info I take from you as cannon MC)

Oh sweet! So a huge tower in a swamp that wasn't built by Patrians, meaning I get more leeway! (sort of)
I won't make some crazy story, (though it may contain werewolves with jetpacks, I'm not promising anything :D )

"I was under the impression that the Tower of Eyes was an ancient Patrian palace long before Perpentach took up residence there. I was also thinking that Perpentach made the Palace into his stronghold and base of operations long before his defeat, that it is the location of his battle with Kylorin, and that Kylorin merely evacuated the surrounding area and trapped him there with golem guards after his defeat."

So why didn't Perpentach stay there with his new "buddies" when he broke free? or were the golems not entirely destroyed and he had to make good his escape before he got killed.

So other than getting the lore pretty much wrong (I'm going to take most info I take from you as cannon MC)

I read about the MC method of lore creation on TvTropes. Apparently, Kael makes some obscure hints about something, waits for MagisterCultuum to explain it, then goes with what he says.

Top Bottom