Assistance, please?

The BagelLord

Chieftain
I have been trying to create a civilization mod on my own, as a side project. But every time I try to create a new project on ModBuddy, it comes up with this error message (which I screenshot and put into Imgur):

http://imgur.com/F5B8XWl

If anybody would be able to provide help or information on the subject, that would be very nice. Please get back to me ASAP.

Sincerely,
The constant threat of bagels looming above you

Moderator Action: Welcome to Civfanatics! The Modding Tutorials and Reference sub-forum is for completed modding tutorials and reference guides only. All queries and requests for help go in the main Creation and Customisation forum. I've moved this thread to there.

Check out this thread on the 2K forums: https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?117351-ModBuddy-Content-Load-Error-Cannot-create-unknown-type

Post #4 may be your solution.
Justhal said:
I found a solution to the problem that seems to work. I'm not sure what the cause of the problem is or was. At any rate, what I did to solve the problem was to copy the file ModBuddy.StartPage.dll from:
c:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v sdk\ModBuddy\StartPage\ModBuddy.StartPage.dll
to:
c:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v sdk\ModBuddy\Extensions\Application\

To put it another way, I copied ModBuddy.StartPage.dll from ...\ModBuddy\StartPage to ...\ModBuddy\Extensions\Application

I hope this helps others who are having the same or a similar problem. I haven't noticed any negative side-effects from this fix.

Oh, and I also had to copy all of the files in ...\ModBuddy\Build to c:\program files (x86)\MSBuild\Firaxis\ModBuddy\ (creating the folders Firaxis and ModBuddy) in order to create a new project. Otherwise I would get the following error:

The imported project C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Firaxis\ModBuddy\Civ5Mod.targets was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk. C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Temp\2zq1rofq.z4 c\Temp\Civ5Mod1.civ5proj

I remember having to deal with this problem when I downloaded Modbuddy, but I didn't remember where I found the solution, so I did some searching.

Good Luck!

(After you fix it, check out Kael's Guide to Modding for basic modding if you haven't done so already)

Top Bottom